Asda tinned cajun chicken

Thewper

I know my consultant said this was free on ee but I'm sure she said another similar tin was also free, but I cant remember which can anyone help?

Can't find anything on Syns Online. If you can provide the nutritional values I can check it out on the Syns calculator for you :)

is it this one.

5052449590067_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

Chilli rating - 2. No artificial colours, flavours or hydrogenated fat. Chicken breast pieces with peppers and onions in a medium spiced, smoky Cajun style sauce

Ingredients

Chicken Breast (35%) , Water , Tomato Passata , Diced Onions (10%) , Peppers (5.0%) , Tomato Purée , Modified Maize Starch , Garlic Purée , Chicken Bouillon [Maltodextrin, Water, Yeast Extract, Salt, Modified Potato Starch, Chicken Extract, Onion Extract, Sage Extract, Chicken Fat, Parsley Extract, Dried Chicken, Turmeric Extract, Rosemary Extract] , Sugar , Salt , Paprika , Smoked Paprika , Dried Marjoram , Rubbed Oregano , Hot Chilli Powder , Black Pepper Powder , Barley Malt Extract , Wheat Flour .
Other information

Allergy Advice

Contains Barley. Contains Gluten. Contains Wheat.

Additives

Free From Artificial Colours. Free From Artificial Flavours.

Cooking Guidelines

Cooking Instructions - General: Check product is piping hot before serving. Do not re-heat. We have given you these cooking instructions as a guide only.
Microwave - From Ambient: Empty contents into a microwavable container, cover and vent. Heat on full power for 5 minutes (700W), 4 1/2 minutes (800W), 3 1/2 minutes (900W). Stirring halfway through heating. Stir thoroughly and allow to stand for 1 minute before serving.
Hob - From Ambient: Empty contents into a saucepan and heat gently, stirring occasionally until heated through.

Storage

Unopened: Store in a cool, dry place. Opened: Once opened, transfer unused contents to a non-metallic container, cover and refrigerate. Use within 2 days of opening.

Packaging

Can
Nutritional Values

Typical values
(hob heated) Per 100g
(hob heated) Per 1/2 can
Energy
274kJ
538kJ
65kcal
127kcal
Protein
10.2g
20.0g
Carbohydrate
4.6g
9.0g
of which sugars
2.6g
5.1g
Fat
0.5g
1.0g
of which saturates
0.1g
0.2g
Fibre
0.5g
1.0g
Sodium
0.22g
0.43g

Last edited:
Yes the first tin i bought it and chanced the jerk chicken tin too still need to calculate them i did try the online search while instore but it didnt show in results. Thanks for your help

ive just checked this on syn calculator and if i put chicken as free food it comes up as free :) if ive done it right not very good at using it!

Its 5.5 bugger obv not the right one ill ask on mons wi which was the other one Im sure whatever it was wasnt free but was only 1 or 2 syns

Just been to asda and bought a couple a tin of the Cajun chicken.. Wish I'd known about the Mexican chicken too!

M&S chunky steak 400g tin is also free. I had it yesterday and its not bad at all x

Yes thats the mexican chicken.I had the cajun for my tea last night with rice and it wasnt bad not really spicy more smoky Ill definitely buy it again and gave oh the jerk which i had a little taste of and was really spicy and quite sweet. Thanks for mentioning the steak if anyone know anymore id love to know cos by the end of the week i get a bit sick of cooking from scratch and my thoughts turn to takeaways, no good when your wi is a monday!!

I picked up a tin of meat free bolognese from Asda which is free, not tried it yet but think it'll be handy for when I'm in a rush! Also, the tinned beef bourginon is only 3.5 syns for the whole tin, so split between 2 that's hardly anything. Not tried that one yet either but looks nice enough :)

Thank you i shall try those next time im in asda, mind im impressed with "split between 2" i ate the whole tin but there lies one of the reasons im on a diet!

Back