• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Asparagus

LVLLM

Gold Member
snap off the ends by hand first and then either steam or dry fry in a pan with a little water. i love asparagus and eat a lot and its great for getting rid of water retention too

I have 4-5 sticks at a time - and steam them in the microwave. Just pop a tablespoon of water on them, cover them up and zap them for 2-3 mins. Not sure if that is too much or too little, but it leaves them with a bit of crunch (which I like!)

You inspired me to get some asparagus in for dinner tonight. Delicious! i will see if it's magical diuretic properties do their thing over night... ;) Clever veg. I love it.

LVLLM

Gold Member
yes it does. We love discussing toilet issues on here lol

Can we have asparagus on Cruise PP days? There seems to be conflicting evidence against it... I know it's a diuretic but it's also a veg. :/

anjuschka

Dukan Ancestor!!
It's a Veg. So not on PP. Even if it's a diuretic.

In cases of 'transit' issues.... 100gr Rhubarb allowed on a PP day.

anjuschka

Dukan Ancestor!!
"Transit issues": my way of referring to the not-so-unusual bouts of constipation etc.

I bought some earlier. I've never had it before and thought I'd try it as it's PV day and might see a loss in the morning (dream on :p or does it actually work overnight?) . OMG it's lush! Just boiled it for a few mins.

Edit: ate some about 40 minutes ago and just had a wee then checked the scales. It wasn't a lie about the strong smell :( but the scales have gone down a lb since I weighed myself this morning :D it normally goes up 2lbs on PV day.

Last edited: