At a loss! Need help with 'a' please

LianneJane5687

Ok so i used to love my milk and cheese so i never had a problem...until i discovered i had ibs and just recently discovered dairy is one of the main causes so can't have cheese or milk, switched to alpro almond original milk and struggling to use it.
I don't really eat cereal so can't use it with that, can't drink it by itself as makes me feel sick and i've cut tea and coffee out and switched to herbal tea instead. I spoke to my consulant last night and she said she has no idea how to help with that as there seems to be no other option but if i don't use all my allowance up then it could affect my weight loss.

Anyone have any suggestions please? I have no trouble with my 'b' choice.

Try Lactose free milk drink, i have dairy IBS, i also can eat sheep cheese with no ill effects. worth a try , Manchego or Peccarino are quite pleasant tasting cheeses and of course Feta and Halloumi - but ofcourse check that they aren't the cows milk versions.

Ok so i used to love my milk and cheese so i never had a problem...until i discovered i had ibs and just recently discovered dairy is one of the main causes so can't have cheese or milk, switched to alpro almond original milk and struggling to use it.
I don't really eat cereal so can't use it with that, can't drink it by itself as makes me feel sick and i've cut tea and coffee out and switched to herbal tea instead. I spoke to my consulant last night and she said she has no idea how to help with that as there seems to be no other option but if i don't use all my allowance up then it could affect my weight loss.

Anyone have any suggestions please? I have no trouble with my 'b' choice.
I use almond milk in a lot of stuff, just because I prefer it to normal milk. I use mine if I'm making an omelette instead of milk. Sometimes use if I'm making pasta sauce and want it a bit thinner rather than yoghurt. So you could make macaroni cheese sauce with almond milk? Also I use it as a substitute for coconut milk in my currys, such as thai green curry.

Thank you both for the suggestions, using the milk in cooking is quite a good idea and i'll have to try a couple of those cheeses.

I've just seen they do a alpro chocolate almond milk and you only need 250ml of that a day so i might see if i can get that so i haven't got to have too much milk. I like the coconut milk in hot chocolate but there's no way i'd be able to use 600ml a day, unless i can find a recipe to use it with.

Hi a bit of a late reply but you could try goats milk? My nephew has to drink it and actually chugs it down. He said its not much different taste wise

Try Lactose free milk drink, i have dairy IBS, i also can eat sheep cheese with no ill effects. worth a try , Manchego or Peccarino are quite pleasant tasting cheeses and of course Feta and Halloumi - but ofcourse check that they aren't the cows milk versions.
I have used lacto free drink for couple of years now..it's so yummy, leaves no after taste an stopped my headaches...you can have 300mls for he..a choice..an the hallow I cheese is delicious..I put mine under the grill or in dry fry pan an brown it off

Back