At last a new start !

River

Ready for the new me!
So today was my last day of normality so to speak ! Ive picked up my packs and im soo excited for tomorrow. The only trouble is i have to admit im slightly worried as my LLC mentioned that theres no council sessions (only one to ones) for 3 weeks as theres not enough people ect. I just hope ill be ok without them for now.

Yay! Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life :D

Sure you'll do fine with your counsellors support - and there's nothing stopping you from reading through your book and doing the exercises that you would have done in group :)

I'm a stickler for doing my 'homework' every week - as far as I'm concerned I pay a lot so I want to get my monies worth :D

Aww thank you AJB hehe im soo excited i wont sleep im sure of it haha !

Thats the thing i didnt get a book or anything and yeh hehe im the same really so was a bit disappointed about it :confused:.

Thanks guys bit relieved now ! Just going to make my first soup now and i can say so far im not a fan of the chocolate shake :doh:.

Hi River,

It makes a difference how you make the shakes..
I'm not mad keen on them made with just water, so I crush/blend 8 ice cubes and then mix the pack in, adding a teeny bit of water at a time , then reblend, this makes a small ice creamtype shake. So it's quite thick and i have to eat it with a spoon so the texture makes me feel like I'm eating something than just drinking drinking drinking...:)

just my opinion of course everyones a bit different:)

Thanks guys bit relieved now ! Just going to make my first soup now and i can say so far im not a fan of the chocolate shake :doh:.

River, try it again, but add 3 sweetener tablets. I promise you, itmakes a HUGE difference.

It is the ONLY thing I ever add(ed) sweetners too - it changes it completely. :)

And like Dora, I too ALWAYS made with ice.....and ate with a spoon. :D Felt like ice cream then :D (Unless I made ho chocolate of course :))

Last edited:
Thanks BL and DoraDale thats a fab idea i didnt know about the sweetners either.

Yeh i must admit it tasted a bit like powder so it turned me off it but ill try what you both mentioned tonight :).

I don't mind the shakes at all however I'm not crazy about the soups so I normally used to just stay on shakes porridge and bars. I'm glad we have chilli now as well. I quite like it. Nice change to the sweet shakes or bars...
Mags xxx

Im ok with the vegetable soup but my LLC put me off the chili as she said it looked like dog food.. but i did pick up porridge so looking forward to see how that tastes tomorrow as i forgot to use it today :rolleyes:.

Also i tried your idea Dora and BL and fab no more powdered taste ! :)

River the Vanilla made the same way with the ice cubes is delish. Tastes just like a thick shake from Mc Donalds :D and is so refreshing for breakfast.

I'm a hot chocolate fan myself - with sweetners - yum and even more lovely now the weather is turning a bit nippy! Can't start my day without a porridge - hoping that's started the habit of a lifetime to have a good breakfast :)

Oo thanks guys :) Im havin a bit of a problem with water at the moment.. how much should i be drinking ? Ive drank 3 Litres today (including packs). Am i supposed to be drinking more ? Im just feeling slightly sick now.

I think the party line on water now is exactly what you have done today, 3 litres that can include what you use to make your packs up, I also include decaf coffee,peppermint tea anything decaffeinated I think can also go towards that three litres.

They do say try and think of your body as a waterwheel , so don't be gulping it down in massive swigs, sipping it throughout the day to keep the wheel moving ....it's does get easier.

As well most of us in our day to day , don't drink enough water so when we have to count what we are drinking it seems like a large amount, after a bit you will get used to it and have true hunger feelings not thirst masquerading as hunger.

I think the panic can come from when people try to down wayyy too much water in too short of a time, that is not good for us and can cause health problems.

Thanks Dora, I was a bit worried i hadnt had enought for yesterday then.
Ive got a thing about water haha, so not the most ideal situation, when i was ill recently i had to drink pints cause i could eat but it made me sick of course cause i could barely keep that down. So i think thats part of the problem at the moment, infact typing about is making my queasy.

Im gonna carry a water bottle with me today then hehe and sip :eek:.

I think it's personal. Some people can drink 5-6 litres with no problem. I know for me it's far too much. I tend to stick to 3 plus tea, coffee etc. I have a relatively small bladder so if I drank more I'd have to live on the loo lol.
As long as you're hydrated and have no headaches etc you're fine. Also if your ketostix turns dark pink or purple it means you're not drinking enough.
I have to say the water intake is what I'm struggling with the most at the moment. It makes me a bit sick. Oh well. Let's hope my body will get used to it :)
Mags xxx

Im quite like you magiclove, its soo hard when your not used to drinking so much and im going to the loo every 5 minutes haha! Never mind least it will reduce cystitis atleast.

Ive just discovered i can no longer watch this morning with Ginos cooking part as im now craving :sigh:.

I find using the fruits of the forest water flavouring makes drinking the water so much easier. It great x

Yeah Iwillgetthere, ive just said to my OH now, i cant do this much longer without the flavourings.
I dont usually drink from the tap since weve not long ago moved here and the waters quite hard to what im use to and it tastes so damn awful.

used to really struggle with water until I started drinking it hot with fruits of forest flavouring - now I can get 4 litres down (got a hot sippy cup that holds 1/2 litre) without much effort :)

Back