At long last

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by bettylollypop, 14 January 2009 Social URL.

1. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    I have finally managed to get on track with sw plan, some of you will know i have had a terrible time trying to stick with it and couldn't control my chocolate binges. Well i eased myself in gently, i started off last week just making small changes, a little bit of fruit here and there, no alcohol :eek:, a little more veg on my plate. I still had more syns than i should have maybe 20, 25 and gradually lowered them to 10. I am now 2lbs lighter :D. I think i just couldn't stop with the chocolate but i gradually weaned myself down and it has worked. I feel really well now and so much more healthy (i know it is only 2lbs) but even that has made a difference.

I was at the drs yesterday and while i was there i was kinda explaining all the above to my gp, she is going to refer me to the weight managment clinic, she thinks i need to speak to the food psychologist and the dietitian etc to look at why i'm binging on chocolate all the time. I know why, it is habbit and i'm greedy, i can't have one bar i have to have about 10 lol:8855: She said they might offer me medication but there is no way on this earth i am taking orlistat (that is the only one my gp prescribes)

Hope everyone is ok and hope you all have a good day x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. loobylou

loobylou Reached Target. woohoo

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(33.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done Betty, i bet you feel better about yourself for doing it, we always feel rubbish about ourselves when we know we are eating things we shouldn't. I hate that feeling of guilt and how let done with myself i am when iv'e done it but the feeling of acheivement is so much nicer. Well done again hun. xxx

4. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good for you!! It's great how even a little loss starts making you feel better about yourself.

I think the food psychologist would be good - I reckon you might get some good techniques for avoiding your cravings and not having 20 bars ;) And if you do, please share the tips! LOL!

5. kymsey

kymsey On a journey !

Diet:
    slimming world
    Good on you and i bet you do feel a whole lot better for it. It seems to me that your doing it the right way. Your right though, it is habit but boy its hard to get out of!! I have the same problem with wine..............:8855:

6. eye6769

eye6769 Vegetarian who lives2eat

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Well done Betty for getting on track remain positive and make good food choices, keep posting,and when you want chocolate come on here and chat.

7. Annie68

Annie68 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(14.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey well done you!!! I'm really proud of you because I've read your posts where you've been struggling.

Oh and it's not only 2lbs it is.... 2LBS and wtg for losing it. Keep up the good work.

I ended up getting referred to the dietician and it was actually talking to him that set my mind thinking and then deciding to join SW in October. He was really nice and listened and advised, not preached. I'm also a chocolate binger. I used to buy a packet of chocolate penguins and eat them all before anyone could see I'd bought them. I find now, that it's easier for me to not eat chocolate, because once I get a taste for it, I can't stop. So well done on weaning yourself off it. Chocolate has a lot in it that gives the 'feel good' factor and it is like a drug, so it does sometimes need weaning off. I will allow myself a treat of chocolate occasionally, such as a curly wurly (6 syns) but I put it in the fridge so that it lasts longer when I eat it. But I daren't buy a 5 pk of them cos I'd scoff the lot!

Great news that you've got on track.. long may it continue :D

8. lentil2

lentil2 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(10.05%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Sometimes, getting back on track and being in control does wonders for the mind as well the body.
    You have done well to break those habits and once we start start to see results, that is what often spurs us on.
    I hope your great loss this week encourages you enough to continue, you've proved you can do it now.
    Good Luck

9. bettylollypop

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Thanks everyone, hopefully that is me on my way to target. I couldn't do it without all the support from you guys x

10. pamiepie

pamiepie Moose no more!

Start Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i know how you feel. when i started s/w i had chocolates left from xmas and snacks and they all had to go in the bin, i have no control! lol
    i found to satisfy my craving dairy milk do this skinny bar thats about 15p?! i ate that last night but actually ate it slow and thought how lovely it tasted while i was eating it, instead of mindlessly scoffing like i can do!! i think it was about 5.5 syns but sooo worth it!!

11. bettylollypop

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Pampie that is normally what i would do scoff down loads of chocolate without even taking time to taste it, then i would have eaten that much that i would feel sick all night

12. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done Betty xx

13. bettylollypop

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers

Thanks hun, what a nice response and thanks everyone, it really does help speaking with people in a similar situation xxx

14. Jolene Gisby

Jolene Gisby Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    My mum got put on tablets for her weight because she was giving up smoking and putting on weight, but they made her depressed, and then it got released that depression is a side effect, so be carefull, as getting depressed could take you off the slimming wagon all together!!

15. bettylollypop

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Yeah i had post natal depression and that sent my weight right up x

16. Harrie

Harrie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Have you tried really good quality chocolate? It's much more satisfying and might help the cravings without the syns (you don't tend to eat as much as it's so rich).

But well done on the 2lbs! That's a great loss

17. bettylollypop

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    I am going to give the green and blacks dark chocolate a go, my brother swears by it x

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. pamiepie

pamiepie Moose no more!

Start Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i can agree with yr brother it is lush!!!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.