At my usual give up phase :(

dietqueen82

Right just a little discussion really because i've hit the loss that's usually my brick wall... Done weight watchers lost about 12lb gained it back plus a stone extra... Done slimming world... Lost 21 lbs gained it all back and an extra 8... My point to all this is I've just hit my 21lb Mark where I generally get bored and fed up or the 3 month mark... I give up.. I'm currently calorie counting and just wondered what keeps you all going... What motivates you? Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks for your input :)

Hi diet queen,

I hav done similar things in the past , lost mostly on atkins then gained back again with interest, its such a horrible cycle.
have you tried listening to the paul mckenna cds? I find them quite motivational and i lost alot on them, they can help me out of a rut.
also, try changing the foods your eating as i find one of my downfalls is bordem.
Good luck, you have come this far you can do it! X

If I lost 21lbs I'd be swinging from the lamp shade - well done. I think you should put 21lbs of potatoes or something in a backpack and carry it around for a few hours - it's a huge achievent, buy yourself a big treat and plan your next goal - don't give up, you've proved u can do it - keep going!!!!!

hello there.

Well done first of all, what an achievement. 21lbs is fantastic- don't give up after all your hard work.

What can you do to make yourself feel really rewarded (and pretty)? can you go and get your hair done, or have a facial? if you can't afford to get it done, go to boots and stock up on some treatments and give yourself a spa night after the kids have gone to bed (if you have any that is!). Or reward yourself with a walk on your own (can you tell I'm a Mum?!)

Build a picture of yourself at 'target', try to imagine yourself in something really outrageous like a gold lamé bikini (or it could just be that really nice dress you can't get into anymore)- think how fab you will look, now ask yourself: how do you feel? what are you doing? how are you talking about yourself? how are you holding yoruself? etc....

then ask yourself- what is stopping you from being 'that' person NOW?

Once you go through this exercise you will find your answer as to why you are sabotaging yourself. You deserve to be the weight you want to be, you deserve to feel pretty.

Recognise that you have started the journey and that you are doing REALLY well.

Good luck- hope this helped.
Sarah

Well done for losing 21lbs :) great stuff. Maybe as someone else suggested, plan to reward yourself for each 7lbs you lose? You'll get there in the end :)

Amazing weight loss so far - well done!

I'm the same as you - diet like crazy, then go off the rails, then diet like crazy, etc etc. It's so frustrating and I wish I knew why I did it.

I'm finding this forum very helpful though - when I have gone off the rails, I come on here and look at the successes and posts to try motivate me back on it.

Wish there was a magic pill that stopped the cravings for something bad for you though! that would be lovely :)

Sexysal said:
hello there.

Well done first of all, what an achievement. 21lbs is fantastic- don't give up after all your hard work.

What can you do to make yourself feel really rewarded (and pretty)? can you go and get your hair done, or have a facial? if you can't afford to get it done, go to boots and stock up on some treatments and give yourself a spa night after the kids have gone to bed (if you have any that is!). Or reward yourself with a walk on your own (can you tell I'm a Mum?!)

Build a picture of yourself at 'target', try to imagine yourself in something really outrageous like a gold lamé bikini (or it could just be that really nice dress you can't get into anymore)- think how fab you will look, now ask yourself: how do you feel? what are you doing? how are you talking about yourself? how are you holding yoruself? etc....

then ask yourself- what is stopping you from being 'that' person NOW?

Once you go through this exercise you will find your answer as to why you are sabotaging yourself. You deserve to be the weight you want to be, you deserve to feel pretty.

Recognise that you have started the journey and that you are doing REALLY well.

Good luck- hope this helped.
Sarah

Sarah,

What fantastic advise can I just say!

I too have been at the wall but I just remind myself each time that no matter how hard it gets or how good I know take out will taste none of that makes me feel as good as knowing I'm contributing to my weight loss,

Every day I make an effort is better than a day getting fatter just remember that babe

Sarah,

What fantastic advise can I just say!

I too have been at the wall but I just remind myself each time that no matter how hard it gets or how good I know take out will taste none of that makes me feel as good as knowing I'm contributing to my weight loss,

Every day I make an effort is better than a day getting fatter just remember that babe

Love that! that's my new mantra :)

Think in 3 months time. Either you gained it all back and you're in square one, starting all over again, or you lost another 21lbs, a total of 42lbs :)

That always helps me.

Well I took myself off shopping I turn the big 30 on Monday and I bought myself a whole new outfit for Saturday nights birthday celebrations a whole 2 sizes smaller... I will keep plodding on I'm all hormonal I think it's totm gain and thank you all for the advise I will try them all I agree in 3 months time I can either gain it all back or lose more.. Or at the very least sts... It's hard work! I think it doesn't help the kiddies being off because I can't get out an go on my big mad walks because my little boys a lazy so an so and hubby usually joins me but has had a bad goat attack on his ankle so onwards and upwards!! We will all do this! :)

Well I took myself off shopping I turn the big 30 on Monday and I bought myself a whole new outfit for Saturday nights birthday celebrations a whole 2 sizes smaller... I will keep plodding on I'm all hormonal I think it's totm gain and thank you all for the advise I will try them all I agree in 3 months time I can either gain it all back or lose more.. Or at the very least sts... It's hard work! I think it doesn't help the kiddies being off because I can't get out an go on my big mad walks because my little boys a lazy so an so and hubby usually joins me but has had a bad goat attack on his ankle so onwards and upwards!! We will all do this! :)

Happy Birthday for Monday! :)

Back