ATKINS BARS - HELP PLEASE

clararose

Hi ladies, am currently doing a VLCD and am about to switch to atkins, my issue is i have a very sweet tooth and normally fail diets due to this. I was hoping of incorporating 2 atkins bars into my daily plan to help with this but have read a few things on here about them affecting your weight loss. I didn't really understand what it was about so am hoping someone can help me with this please.

If they are more carbs, can someone tell me how many they really are?

Also, i've been told to work out the net carbs of something you need to subtract the fibre from the total carb count, is this correct?

Am hoping someone can clarify this for me

Thank you very much in advance,

C

Hi

No, don't deduct fibre. Net carbs are an American invention, on UK food labels fibre is already listed separately from the carb count.

Atkins bars really aren't a good idea. They are made with a type of sugar substitute which for many many people either gets used for fuel in the same way sugar would be - so it stalls weight loss - or causes nasty stomach upsets. A bar now and then as an emergency is ok, but regularly they seem to stall the majority of people.

Low carb eating will gradually retrain your sweet tooth but I like to use candarel tablets and make stewed, sweetened rhubarb, sweet tea, mugs of hot alpro unsweetened soya milk with a couple of sweetener tablets and some vanilla essence, Swiss roll from the recipe section here etc.

Hi

No, don't deduct fibre. Net carbs are an American invention, on UK food labels fibre is already listed separately from the carb count.

Atkins bars really aren't a good idea. They are made with a type of sugar substitute which for many many people either gets used for fuel in the same way sugar would be - so it stalls weight loss - or causes nasty stomach upsets. A bar now and then as an emergency is ok, but regularly they seem to stall the majority of people.

Low carb eating will gradually retrain your sweet tooth but I like to use candarel tablets and make stewed, sweetened rhubarb, sweet tea, mugs of hot alpro unsweetened soya milk with a couple of sweetener tablets and some vanilla essence, Swiss roll from the recipe section here etc.

Thank you very much for replying, C

Hi ladies, am currently doing a VLCD and am about to switch to atkins, my issue is i have a very sweet tooth and normally fail diets due to this. I was hoping of incorporating 2 atkins bars into my daily plan to help with this but have read a few things on here about them affecting your weight loss. I didn't really understand what it was about so am hoping someone can help me with this please.

If they are more carbs, can someone tell me how many they really are?

Also, i've been told to work out the net carbs of something you need to subtract the fibre from the total carb count, is this correct?

Am hoping someone can clarify this for me

Thank you very much in advance,

C

Hi, and welcome. I just wanted to say that your tastes will change on atkins/low carb. I had the worlds worst sweet tooth 100 days ago. It's what kept me fat, what kept me craving and eating sugar with everything followed by sugary snacks. I shudder to think how many grams of sugar I was consuming. After 100 days of Exante (liquid diet) working up to eating fully low carb (under 50g per day) I can honestly say I very rarely crave anything sweet now. The high fat diet keeps me satisfied and because I went 'cold turkey' so to speak, I've broken the sugar habit/addiction. Maybe it'll be the same for you! Good luck and keep us updated :) xx

Back