atkins bars ???

sukie sue

this is My time to shine!
hi all.
im on slim and save and doing fine , ive got about 4 weeks of packs left and refeeding before going on holidays , my dilema is that im short about 10 bars to complete the time so am thinking of buying atkins bars to fill the gap so i dont need to reorder untill i get back from holls. and i love my bar with a decaf coffee as my end of day treat . not sure what to do , does anyone else have experience with these , i know carbs are low and calories are more (like most vcld bars ) i also realise these arent vcld really but im already taking a multi vit suppliment anyway . just wondering if i can use them as a stop gap .... thoughts please ?????

anyone at all ?:D

Which ones ate they hun and what's the nutritional info

You could have them plus a multuvitamin in an emergency

It's totally your choice, I would sub a higher protein bar in if I was in the situation

Xx

I don't know how they compare but have a look at the biggest loser bars, you can get them at asda. The chocolate crunch ones are delicious and I used them a number of times.

Hiya. I have used Biggest Loser Meal Replacement bars from asda especially if I am out without any packs with me. But mostly I use the Tesco Ultra Slim Meal Replacement bars as they are only £2.99 for a box of 3, whereas the Biggest Loser are around £2.20 each. They have a few more carbs than the slim and save ones but they are alot bigger, and I think nicer!. I have one most days and have never had a problem with ketosis B-)

sukie sue said:
hi all.
im on slim and save and doing fine , ive got about 4 weeks of packs left and refeeding before going on holidays , my dilema is that im short about 10 bars to complete the time so am thinking of buying atkins bars to fill the gap so i dont need to reorder untill i get back from holls. and i love my bar with a decaf coffee as my end of day treat . not sure what to do , does anyone else have experience with these , i know carbs are low and calories are more (like most vcld bars ) i also realise these arent vcld really but im already taking a multi vit suppliment anyway . just wondering if i can use them as a stop gap .... thoughts please ?????

Hi
I use Atkins bars all the time , I found the slim & save bars too small , having my bar in the evening is my treat & the slim & save we're so disappointing as although the flavours are good I would just start to enjoy it and then it was gone !!
They have very low net carbs & nearly all. can be used for stage 1 ( ketosis phase) of Atkins do are fine for this diet too , they are also better value as they are twice the size , you could if you want have half but I have had a whole one everyday , I'm on day 32 and have lots 18 lbs so am happy with that .
I buy mine in bulk from avid lite site x

thanks everyone , great advice , ill look into the tesco and biggest looser ones too , just need my night time treat , whatever brand it is lol !!!

I sub in an Atkins Advantage bar a couple of times a week. I tried them first when I forgot to take a bar out with me as they are easy to get hold of. When I noticed the extra calories don't seem to impact my weight loss, I now use them on days I'm going to be a bit more active. I just ordered some more from Boots last night - they have them on 3 for 2 at the moment, and I'm not sure if it is a mistake or not, but they have the Chocolate Decadence bars priced at £11.68 for 15!

Hi
I use Atkins bars all the time , I found the slim & save bars too small , having my bar in the evening is my treat & the slim & save we're so disappointing as although the flavours are good I would just start to enjoy it and then it was gone !!
They have very low net carbs & nearly all. can be used for stage 1 ( ketosis phase) of Atkins do are fine for this diet too , they are also better value as they are twice the size , you could if you want have half but I have had a whole one everyday , I'm on day 32 and have lots 18 lbs so am happy with that .
I buy mine in bulk from avid lite site x
Wow - so glad I read your comment as I was busy comparing all the different carb/protein/kcal of various bars - and was wondering if I could opt for something different. and it seems a few people managed to still have high losses even with these bars mixed in.... I will order some of the Atkins ones instead. Like you said, you could even have half a bar and after a quick comparison that I have just done, it even comes out slightly better than the slim and save bars on the carb/fat content....

Back