Atkins Book

Nikki<3

Gold Member
Hello!!

I am an old hat at slimming world and recently dropped back down to my lowest of 9st 3.... However.... This morning I'm back at 9st 8!!! I always do red days on SW and so think atkins would be a great alternative to help me get to my 9st target!

Just wondered which atkins book is the one I should buy? I'm off to smiths to buy it today.

Thanks!

Hi Nikki and welcome

You will really love the Atkins woe (I've just had a three egg omelette with mushrooms sauteed in garlic butter :D). Any of the books are fine - and you can pick them up much cheaper on Amazon.

I've got this one - Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution: The No-hunger, Luxurious Weight Loss Plan That Really Works!: Amazon.co.uk: Robert C Atkins: Books

The original is slightly more hardcore on the rules - so a lot of people either buy the one above or this one - New Atkins For a New You: The Ultimate Diet for Shedding Weight and Feeling Great: Amazon.co.uk: Dr Eric C Westman, Dr Stephen D Phinney, Dr Jeff S Volek: Books

This one isn't written by the Atkins company but looks good too, covers all the low carb diet options - Low Carb Dieting: Everything You Need To Know In One Comprehensive Volume eBook: Heather Allen: Amazon.co.uk: Books

ladyfelsham said:
Hi Nikki and welcome

You will really love the Atkins woe (I've just had a three egg omelette with mushrooms sauteed in garlic butter :D). Any of the books are fine - and you can pick them up much cheaper on Amazon.

I've got this one - Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution: The No-hunger, Luxurious Weight Loss Plan That Really Works!: Amazon.co.uk: Robert C Atkins: Books

The original is slightly more hardcore on the rules - so a lot of people either buy the one above or this one - New Atkins For a New You: The Ultimate Diet for Shedding Weight and Feeling Great: Amazon.co.uk: Dr Eric C Westman, Dr Stephen D Phinney, Dr Jeff S Volek: Books

This one isn't written by the Atkins company but looks good too, covers all the low carb diet options - Low Carb Dieting: Everything You Need To Know In One Comprehensive Volume eBook: Heather Allen: Amazon.co.uk: Books

That's great thanks, I think I'll download it to my kindle instead then.

Just curious, I go on holiday on Friday for 12 days. I need to really get 3lbs off by then, shall I start today or shall I wait until after holiday?

X

Tough one - maybe if you have a read of the book, get to understand low carb and apply what you can on hols, then jump straight into Induction when you get back?

Sounds like a good idea thanks :)
I've been and got eggs, chicken, bacon, salad, mushrooms and full fat cheese to attempt my first meal!

Why not start up a diary in that section and tell us your daily menus - lots of fab and very helpful people here with lots of tips and experience :)

Hiya Nikki! Welcome here, nice to see ya!

You'll love this woe, it's been great for me! Lost more in 4 weeks than I ever did on SW!

I have the new Atkins new you book! Found its rather different to the others and it's the only one I've got.

Good luck an looking forward to hearing from you again ;)

Thanks Honda :) nice to see you too...hadn't seen you for a while over on SW wondered where you had gone :) Going to give it a proper go when back off my hols but for now just starting by cutting out the big carbs!!

SW and I fell out. :( and I gained everything I lost. Sounds like a great plan, knock the major stuff on the head, read up while you're away and come back refreshed and ready to roll xx

Back