Atkins flu?

raverminx

I've been low carbing for about 4 months now with a few slip ups here and there. Last week though I had many cheat days but since Thursday I've been back on track and have stuck to it. I'm back in ketosis (which didn't take long at all!)
But I'm feeling tired all the time, sluggish and quite low in mood. Is this possibly Atkins flu even though I've been low carbing for months now?

I've been drinking 2lt of water every day and just recently I've started taking some vit B, omega 3, iron and multi vitamins.

Thanks for any help

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It could be a bit of aftermath from cheat days last week, perhaps? Or maybe you are going down with something.

And - ahem - be careful about taking iron supplements unless the doctor has told you that you need them.

Could well be coming down with something, my mood is very low at the moment and just want to sleep all the time. I'm coming off antidepressants at the moment so more than likely it's the side effects of that.

I haven't been told to take iron but just assumed it may help with the tiredness... ?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

If you're cheating then you're coming out of ketosis and having to get back into it every time, so it doesn't matter how long you've been generally low carbing, it most likely is Atkins flu.

Try really hard to keep any slips at least a couple of months apart or you're not really giving yourself much of a chance to lose weight as you could be.

Also if you have normal iron levels usually then it's not recommended to take iron supplements.

Back