atkins help please?? simple instructions

littlemissthin

Hi,
I have startedc the atkins diet today and i am just a bit confused with all the ins and outs, can someone just give me an idea of what i can eat and not have to worry...

I plan on having for eg.
breakfast, some sausage or bacon?
lunch, cheese omlette? with onion maybe or ham?
dinner steak or pork chops or chicken, and what veg??
just a simple list that i need to stick to so i dont have to be constantly checking things.
can someone help please :) xxxxxx

Hi!

So... You need to try and eat as much (green if possible) veg as possible as 12-15g of your daily 20g of carbs must come from veg! So courgettes, spinach, cucumber, celery, rocket, lettuce, asparagus, broccoli, sprouts, leeks, tomato.
Rest is from meat/fish like tuna, salmon (smoked too), trout, chicken, turkey, beef, pork, lamb and all types of eggs (scrambled, fried, boiled etc). Be careful with too much bacon as its full of salt so again might stall your loss. You can also have butter, double cream, oils and mature cheeses (cheddar, mozzarella, gouda, blue cheeses etc) but no cottage cheese and no milk This is induction phase. More is allowed in the next phase.
As many people say, cheese sometimes stalls their weight loss so have that only a few times a week.
During induction you must not eat any fruit, bread, grains, starchy veg or dairy products other than cheese, cream or butter.
Stay away from diet products (have full fat mayo, double cream etc).
Also, have a look at the "So you're thinking of starting Atkins" sticky, gives you loads of info to get you started as well as the Atkins website :)

Hope that helps you a bit. I invested in the Atkins book as well as the Collins Carb Counter which is super helpful.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Hi and welcome, have you read my stickie at the top? it's "So you're thinking of starting atkins" that's a guideline to get you started until you can get the book. Good Luck

Morning littlemiss... Good luck with the Atkins way xx

Back