Atkins Induction _ Shelbys Lifestyle Change

Shelbyflyinsolo

Today is my first day on atkins - starting weight of 15st 6lbs :(

Will post my Diaries on here, if you see anything amiss please please let me know. I'm really very new to this.

Day 1 -

Breakfast
2 Rashers of Smoked Bacon
4 Slices of Gouda Cheese
1 tsp Marg

Lunch
100g Little Gem Lettuce
60g Cucumber
100g Tomato
50g Onion
2 tbsp Mayo
130g Tin Of Tuna

Dinner
300g Broccoli
350g chicken Breast
1 tbsp Mayo

Snacks
1 Cheesestring
1 pepperami (rank, i will never eat one of these again)
3 Slices Beef
1 slice Gouda Cheese
1 tbsp Mayo

I have calculated the carbs to be 18.6g.... I think ive eaten too much cheese, got carried away!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Shelby xxx

Last edited:
is it normal to get a blinding headache this soon? maybe ive just had a busy day running around after my little girl and not realised lol!

Last edited:
Hello Shelby, welcome to atkins!
headache n feeling a little grot is normal at the start, marg is a bit of a nono, you should try butter that is allowed. I have always eaten tomatoes but i have seen posts where the advice has been to avoid them, so i tend to have very little tomato.

If you used the marg to cook then any oil is fine and butter as already mentioned, rest of food looks good!

Good luck honey, good to see u here!
Tracy

Hey Hun
Thanks for the pointers, its so different to anything i have done before, feels a bit strange.
Tomatoes arnt even very nice at this time of year so may start giving those i miss, i like them when they are zingy!
Do you have a diary?
Shelby

hi, yes i have a diary its on here, i like the tomatoes when they are sweet but i think i am a little allergic to them so dont eat many anyway. i have a couple of food allergies which i cant pin point, but sometimes i get sore mouth and blood blisters when i eat, it never seems to be the same thing when it happens so i find it hard to figure out, interestingly it hasnt happned since i started atkins, well maybe once or twice but very rarely, so its got to be something i dont eat when i am being good! i had allergy tests done at the hospital but they only test cheese and chocolate and it was neither of those. i love potatoes and banana and think it might be both of them foods that are high in posassium or something and maybe tomatoes.

so how did u get on with weight watchers? i was ok for about 5 to 6 months but found my carbohollic tendancies just undid me. i would end up craving more and more carbs, so decided to return to atkins where i had done well years before, not really looked back since!!

I ended up gaining more as i seemed to be unable to exercise any self control, managed to get down to 14st 5lb from 16st 2lbs and am now starting atkins at 15st 6lbs, they are making more chnages to WW again in a couple of weeks and i just cant be bothered with it, they seem far more interested in taking your money than anything else. A friend recommended this because i am a complete cheeseaholic! My fitness pal was just full of complete wierdos and i got sick of wierd men messaging me.
Maybe look at keeping a food diary and when u have a reaction look at what you have eaten of the past 1-4 days and work at narrowing it down that way. Food Allergies are a nightmare, especially when u cant pin point them. really hoping i can stick to Atkins, so far so good. xxxxx

You sound like you had the same problem as me with ww, i heard they were making more changes soon, my leader was not very good either which didnt help, she never set me any goals even milestone along the way type goals, she was pretty crap really. i ended up overdosing carbs and even got addicted to oats so simple i found myself thinking about them all the damn time... weird huh?

you will thrive on atkins once you get going and get into ketosis your cravings for the carbs will just vanish! its so easy to stick to and painless without hunger... well it is if you dont do fasting like me lol its not really an atkins thing i am just trying it out, i really enjoy it. MFP has creepy men who message you??? oh good, i could use some of those lol, really i have only really had one guy send me private messages and he has been quite sweet. i like to use it to log my food and excercise like the old weight watchers esource as that was the ONLY thing about weight watchers that i actually missed.

Hi Shelby! Welcome to Atkins!

Tomato and onion didn't used to be allowed on Atkins induction but were added to more recent versions of the diet, but it's a good idea to be moderate in your intake of them. I tend to keep to maybe 3 cherry tomatoes when I have them - the wee ones have more flavour so you need less. Instead of onion I use spring onion which gives the same flavour but is much much lower carb.

The recommended maximum cheese amount is between 90 -120g. Definitely no marge, only real butter!

Looks like a good start! Make sure you're drinking lots and try some bouillon or a little extra salt on your food to rebalance your electrolytes and help the headache.

Stubbsey - google 'nightshade allergy' or 'nightshade vegetables' - that might be what you have?

Oh and I totally gained on WW and SW too!

you know Moonlights i think you may be right because i have often felt that it is potato, tomatoes, peppers that do it to me. i was going to see if i could get a food allergy test at one point when they got really bad, but since i have been back doing atkins i rarely get any outbreaks of it. in fact i cant even remember the last one

You sound like you had the same problem as me with ww, i heard they were making more changes soon, my leader was not very good either which didnt help, she never set me any goals even milestone along the way type goals, she was pretty crap really. i ended up overdosing carbs and even got addicted to oats so simple i found myself thinking about them all the damn time... weird huh?

you will thrive on atkins once you get going and get into ketosis your cravings for the carbs will just vanish! its so easy to stick to and painless without hunger... well it is if you dont do fasting like me lol its not really an atkins thing i am just trying it out, i really enjoy it. MFP has creepy men who message you??? oh good, i could use some of those lol, really i have only really had one guy send me private messages and he has been quite sweet. i like to use it to log my food and excercise like the old weight watchers esource as that was the ONLY thing about weight watchers that i actually missed.

I only recently became totally addicted to those oat so simple golden syrup things, i have an account on there now but kinda keep myself to myself just to track my bits and bobs tend to stay away from the community stuff find people on here more friendly. if i feel like i do today on atkins all the time i'm defo not going to miss weight watchers.

Hi Shelby! Welcome to Atkins!

Tomato and onion didn't used to be allowed on Atkins induction but were added to more recent versions of the diet, but it's a good idea to be moderate in your intake of them. I tend to keep to maybe 3 cherry tomatoes when I have them - the wee ones have more flavour so you need less. Instead of onion I use spring onion which gives the same flavour but is much much lower carb.

The recommended maximum cheese amount is between 90 -120g. Definitely no marge, only real butter!

Looks like a good start! Make sure you're drinking lots and try some bouillon or a little extra salt on your food to rebalance your electrolytes and help the headache.

Thankyou so much!!!! i was so shocked when i looked up the carbs on my onion used a 1/4 of my 20g on onion today!!!!!!!! I really need to go shopping hence the marg situation, i guessed also id eaten way to much cheese, still getting my head round it all i think. Whats your take on diet coke, would you avoid it and just stick with water, do you think it will affect my Weight loss? xx

Go for coke zero - it has malic acid whereas diet coke has citric acid which can (apparently) affect ketosis. I've always drunk coke zero with no problems.

Go for coke zero - it has malic acid whereas diet coke has citric acid which can (apparently) affect ketosis. I've always drunk coke zero with no problems.

Perfect thankyou again x

My Littleone slept through last night yipeeeeee! So i had a good nights sleep, went to sleep with a bit of a headache, but woke up feeling suprisingly refreshed. Also last night watching a film with my other half and he came in with a tub of magnum icecream and 2 Spoons, I declined and it didnt even bother me, Yay! Hope everyone has a great day xx

Day 2 -

Breakfast
100g Tesco Cooked Ham
30g Emmental Cheese
1/2 Tbsp Mayo

Lunch
200g Stir Fry Pork
185g Broccoli
20g Onion
1 Garlic Clove
Olive Oil

Dinner
190g Steak
150g Cauliflower
50g Sprouts
30g Cream Cheese

Snacks
50g Little Gem lettuce
30g Cucumber
2tbsp Mayo
30g Emmental Cheese
1 Egg
1 Bacon Chop

Total = 20g carbs

Too much protein today this is quite a balancing act isnt it!

Attachments

• 27.11.2012.jpg
    27.11.2012.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Hi there

Menus are looking good! I love cheese too but do find too much slows you down so try to keep to the recommended amounts if poss.

Celery and full fat Philly is also a nice snack :)

Hi there

Menus are looking good! I love cheese too but do find too much slows you down so try to keep to the recommended amounts if poss.

Celery and full fat Philly is also a nice snack :)

Hi,

defo going to have so phili and celery :) went so overboard on cheese yesterday i think its because i love it so much and have denied myself it for so long, making a concious effort to stay within my limits from today though!

hope you have a great day!

Shelby xx

Back