Atkins Newbie

sybilla

Hi everyone,
Just found minimins again after a couple of years. Have joined the Atkins community and must say my first 3 weeks have been amazing. I really think low carb is the way for me. I know it is early days but I already feel so much better. I have always thought I may have an intolerance to something wheat / starch but I was negative for coeliac disease (thankfully).

I have lo.st 1 stone in three weeks and am very pleased. I was lucky not too get atkins flu. I was having a lot of minor health issues and they are greatly reduced :D. I find that the huge carb and sugar cravings went within a few days and I havent been hungry either. I finally feel in control of my eating after 20 years yo- yoing and comfort eating. I can't see me every returning to my old processed diet.

Thanks for all the great advice and Atkins related info it has been really useful getting me started on my new eating journey.
One question to any techs out there - I have a ticker but it's my old one and I can't see how too edit it for my new starting weight and BMI. Would I need to start a whole new one ?
Thanks Syb

I have just made a ticker and didnt realise you had to copy and paste it in, i went back on to www.tickerfactory.com and the ticker I had just made was still there, so you may be able to edit it by going on to that website again x

Sounds like a brilliant start, so glad you feel so much better for it - I do too. You can certainly be intolerant to wheat and grains without being coeliac, in fact none of us are designed to eat grain. Grain would be toxic to us if we didn't know how to get into the inner bits and grind them up!

An sure someone will be along to help with the ticker, I don't use them myself, just update my stats in the sidebar.

Afternoon and welcome, this is a wonderful program. Sorry I can't help with ticker, I mostly post from my phone so have no bothered to set one up.

Hi Syb and welcome :)

Re your ticker, if you click on it I think it takes you to the ticker website and you can update your stats there - if you remember your login details :)

Well done on the stone, excellent progress!

Back