Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Atkins pals advice please xxxx

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by sun, 22 May 2008 Social URL.

1. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    Am going to a sri lankan restaurant tonight, I can probably cope with the food albeit meat/fish salad/veg

BUT.... drinkypoo's

What would you say would be the better option!

1. Dry white wine & soda
    2. Vodka & Caffeine free diet coke
    3. To hell with it Red wine [​IMG]

tks ladeez xxxxxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. alybongo

alybongo Full Member

Ahhh my field of speciality.
    Atkins would say voddie diet coke. My tiple is Barcardi n diet coke. However, I can drink these till the cows come home with very little effect. If I were planning on a good time then 2 glasses of wine usually has me slurring and showing meself up.
    I think for the sake of the diet Vodka would be best.
    I Sound like a right old lush LOL

4. Shazpaz

Shazpaz Regular Member

Diet:
    South Beach
    I agree Vodka and diet coke hun.xxxxxxx

5. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    thanks lovelies!

I've not felt right all day today, from working last night, early this morning I know my blood sugars dropped rapidly and felt dizzy, I have felt lethargic all day today and have craved badly sugar, I've eaten nearly a pint of s/f jelly but its just cutting it.

My sensible head is telling me, drink more water and you'll be alright, I have been feeling very thirsty all day which is my insulin playing up, and then my naughty rebellious child in me is saying you need some bad carbs and have a good night!

I dont know whether I'm just having a bad craving day or whether because of my Insulin Resistance its something medical

sue xxx

6. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    meant to say just NOT cutting it in regards the jelly x

7. alybongo

alybongo Full Member

I remember from doing Atkins before, I read to put a couple of tablespoons of double cream in a cup and mix with some splenda and eat. It used to take away my sweet cravings. Something to do with the fat in the cream. I think I may have put a tsp of cocoa powder in sometimes aswell but will need to check the carbs on that.

8. Shazpaz

Shazpaz Regular Member

Diet:
    South Beach
    I thought it was only me. When I get bad cravings I go and have a teaspoon of cream. My hubby thinks its vile having cream on its own, but it takes off the edge.

9. Lexie_dog

Lexie_dog UNLEASHING THE BEAST!

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.57%)
    Diet:
    SW, minimal bread!
    I usually have a 1/4 pint jelly with a tablespoon of double cream. I think you need the cream to "bulk" it out if you know what I mean, otherwise its just water, sweetner and gelatine.

Be careful drinking if you are already having a bad day hypo-wise, as alcohol canmake your blood sugar levels drop. My mum (a very badly managing diabetic a while ago) used to have a wee swig or two to drop her blood sugar if her readings were high.

Enjoy your night out whatever you decide on!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.