• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Atkins products

Donnalou86

Striving for slimness

Eclipse

Gold Member
They probably wouldn't have the nutrients etc, to make up the third of our daily requirements. But I bet they would taste delish x x

x-Katie-x

Gold Member
S: 17st7lb C: 11st6lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 29.6 Loss: 6st1lb(34.69%)
LOL I very much doubt we could have them Donna - we're not that lucky ;)

flirty40greeneyes

Busy busy busy!!
S: 15st3lb C: 13st11lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 33.1 Loss: 1st6lb(9.39%)
Donna ... what are you doing to us???!!!!!!!!! My mouth was drooling looking at those bars, sweets .... mmmmm that's not a diet - that's heaven!!!!

x-Katie-x

Gold Member
S: 17st7lb C: 11st6lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 29.6 Loss: 6st1lb(34.69%)
LOL see now Bev I didn't even open the page - avoiding temptation I am :)

mikey

Silver Member
Atkins products are generally very good on the nutrition. Atkins was a strong advocate of suplements and minerals and they even sell vitamins and other potions. The fat content/claorific value is likely to be too high for a VLCD as neither calories or fat are restricted on Atkins.

mikey

Silver Member
Actually Donnalou, this is lower than the Carnberry raspberry bar I have just eaten (and it really tasted good today for some reason).

Many of the Atkins bars are 140 kcals or thereabouts though some are 320-340.

They have added vitamins and minerals just like the LL bars do - though I imagine that the levels are different. They are printed on the labels apparently, though I cannot find the info on the net.

I will d some more research as they might be a useful addition to the VLCD diet plan I am going to put tgether for after I have completed RTM.

Kate78

Don't do it DonnaLou! I did, I thought that I would just have one as it would make a change from my LL bar....not only was I sat on the toilet for about an hour afterwards but it started me off on a month long eatting binge, which I'm still struggling with....from someone that knows.....a really BAD IDEA!!! :)

mikey

Silver Member
I wouldn't do it either - but probably worth considering after LL to keep trim.

I saw the bars on ebay too - how funny!

lemma1968

Silver Member
S: 14st4lb C: 12st3lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 27.6 Loss: 2st1lb(14.5%)
I find them revolting to be honest. YUK!!!

Donnalou86

Striving for slimness
Don't do it DonnaLou! I did, I thought that I would just have one as it would make a change from my LL bar....not only was I sat on the toilet for about an hour afterwards but it started me off on a month long eatting binge, which I'm still struggling with....from someone that knows.....a really BAD IDEA!!! :)

I won't, don't think I would have ever dared stray from the LL plan anyway. I'm the kind of person who sticks to the rules and I wouldn't dare incase it made me put loads of weight on. Plus, don't want to go on a binge, I'm almost there. Guess was just curious about it