Atkins shakes

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by Dancing, 2 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I asked this question in Wannabslim's thread but decided to post a separate thread as I'd really like to know the answer.

Many of us now realise that the Atkins bars may cause some people's weight to stall. What I want to know is does the same apply to the shakes or do you think they can be drunk without needing to be concerned about it?

Hope someone knows. Also, can you have more than one in a day?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. hermit104

hermit104 Full Member

In the past I have found that the shakes are fine, though personally I would rather have solid food on Atkins.

On the other hand, I can lose some weight while taking the odd bar but they definitely put up my blood glucose levels way beyond where 2 or 3 grams of carb should. They are tasty though!

4. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    Have part-answered this on my diary hun. I used them in my first week and still lost 11lbs :D so would say that for me they probably didn't cause a stall. But I have heard that they can do, and try only to use them in 'emergencies' when I need nutrition- plus I don't really like the taste of them much! xx

5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Thanks for the replies

6. gwen1472

gwen1472 Member

Does anyone know where i can buy the atkins bars or shakes from or the Atkins Quick Quisine mixes like the waffle mix or pancake mix as these seem to be free in the induction (well counting the carbs but still at least its not eggs every day!!) ?? I'd love to ahve some pancakes for breakfast!!! :D

7. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    No idea bout the official atkins products hun but I know tescos do their own brand of atkins shakes (they are yucky tho!) xx

8. Jue xx

Jue xx Full Member

I spotted the Atkins bars in Boots today, at £4.99/5. It's the first time I've seen them.

9. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    The bars are usually in boots. Even seem them reduced to 20p a bar on occasions!

The shakes and bars are available on Avidlite Low Carb Products

10. gwen1472

gwen1472 Member

oooh great thanks! Yea wannabslim, i tried the tesco's own shake for lunch with a few rolls of ham one day this week and it just tasted really sugary...i guess thats a sign that my taste buds are changing no?! :D

11. gwen1472

gwen1472 Member

oooh look! i have a signature! :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.