Atkins vs Dukan or VLCD

Hi Sammy

i first went on Atkins at the beginning of the year and lost a stone pretty quickly. My loss then stalled for a few months due to going on holiday and just being pretty slack with my diet. My friend had tried lipotrim and lost 13lbs in week one, so last week I decided to try it to kick start the loss again. I lost 6lbs in 7 days, but I am now back on the Atkins. My reasons? There's two.
1. The cost of lipotrim was too much to keep paying (£36 a week!)
2. I enjoy my food, so having just liquids was very very tough. I think the Atkins is so much more flexible and easy to stick to.

with regards to the Dukan, never done it but I underhand its a stricter version of the Atkins. The weight comes off very quickly on the Atkins if you stick to it properly so in my opinion why do anything that's not as enjoyable :)

Initially due to the freedom to eat amazing foods, however I'm stalling and considering using a VLCD to loose say 4 or so stone then go back to Atkins as a way of life.. The stress of endlessly worrying why in stalling, have I eaten unexpected carbs, enough fat, and planning 3 cooked meals a day is getting to me ! I'm also finding the cost mental, in spending £70 a week to at least to cope to have salmon, decent steaks, and it soon adds up, I believe you can do it on a budget but that would break me as not a fan of pork or cheaper style meats really and not a good enough cook to make a boring bit of chicken that creative or cook whole chickens and spend ages taking the meat off and stretching it to last longer, it's just hurting my brain at the moment when I'm working at full pace, the last thing I want to do in the evening is mess about in the kitchen.. I also have a issue with simply only desiring 1 thing when I'm hungry, and it's not usually what I have defrosted. With VLCD it takes the stress of food out the equation, though I would personally do a step where I could add a tiny meal of real food in the evening to not miss eating.. Finally on VLCD I lost 7 stone and fast, and felt amazing.. No stalls no breaks just straight up fat dissolving. I know atkins works but I'm desperate to get back to a normal weight and just can't bear the thought of stalling or as I am now loosing such small amounts! When I'm at 15 stone I can deal with loosing a pound a week as I will never go back to eating high carbs ever again. I just want to get up in the morning and feel in control :) I guess it's simply down to how a person is able to deal with the diet they are doing.. :)

That was spending seventy pounds a week - the text went weird :) VLCD cost about £270 a month including add a meal food and slim and save is way cheaper and the same thing but they don't have the ready made terra shakes I love.

Ok it's done it again, no idea what's going on with letting me out or write numbers ?! :)

It is a good idea to do the induction phase for a few weeks so you get off to a flying start with your weight loss. I bought the proper Atkins book to see what foods i was allowed during these weeks, but you could probably find it all online. I dont really find it a hassle and you can make the diet as cheap or as expensive as you want. Yes, if you live off steaks and salmon you will spend a fortune, but tonight for example ill have two beefburgers (0.8g carbs per burger) that cos £1.50 for four with some melted cheese- yum! i also eat alot of pork scratchings which i found for £1 for 10 packets in Chaplins :)

Back