Attack of the munchies!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Marie_D, 9 January 2007 Social URL.

1. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I'm struggling today, I'm having one of those days where I just want to eat and eat and eat and eat! I'm really trying to put off my lunch until a bit later so I don't spend the afternoon stuffing my face with snacks, but I'm really finding it hard today! :(

Arghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's my weigh in day tomorrow, I don't want to blow it now!

Come on Marie, you can do it, you can do it.....

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    Hi Marie

I'm just wondering whether your attack of the munchies today has anything to do with the fact that it is weigh in day tomorrow? I know when I had a weekly weigh in at a slimming club I was preoccupied with it and a little anxious the whole day before. It also caused me to eat after weigh in after the anxiety was over for another week.

Apart from distract yourself somehow. I can't think of any useful advice but just wondered if you could identify the cause maybe that may help.

Just thinking again, are you drinking water? Sometimes we feel hungry when we are just thirsty and also if you do eat your lunch and take your time over it I bet you will be satisfied all afternoon.

You can get past the munchies!
    Dizzy x

4. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    You CAN do it!

Don't underestimate how important the water is so get glugging.

M.

5. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    You're doing fantastically well so far, don't let the munchies get you!!

Maybe cook some Butter Nut Squash chips?? They're delicious and completely free!! Of course, you will have to have a Butter Nut Squash in the house in order for you to do this...

Ummm... What sort of 'munchie mood' is it? Savoury, sweet or greasy??

6. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Try halving your packs - so then you fool yourself into thinking you are having more meals than you are!

7. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

It's the savoury munchies I've got, I could quite easily sit here now and eat a whole loaf of bread worth of toast! And a whole multi pack of crisps! I just want to eat until I pop!

I don't know why this has come on, it's not as if I'm hungry (and I'm not, I'm really not - in fact I don't think I even know what it feels like to be hungry, I never go without food long enough to reach that point, lol!). It's just habit, I just want to stuff my face!

I do need to drink more water, I don't drink any at all (other than what's in my tea/coffee for the day) - I don't really like it. I'm not sure it would help with my munchie attack because it's not hunger that's making me want to eat...maybe it's just boredom.

I've just had my lunch, I'm just going to try and get my little girl down for a nap and then I think I'll try and have a nice long hot bath - that should at least keep me away from the kitchen for an hour.

I'm not going to let myself give into this, no way, I've done really well this week and I really want to see if it's paid off when I weigh in tomorrow - it's not very often in the past that I've gone a whole week on a diet without cheating, but this week I'm nearly there. I so want to be able to get on those scales tomorrow knowing I've been 100% good and to see if it pays off, it might be enough to keep me motivated for another week if I've done well!

Think I need to get some butternut squash in, but I've never had it before so I'm not sure I'll like it. Is it similar to potato in taste? (I say that because I've read a lot about people making BNS wedges etc).

8. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I dont think BNS tastes anything like potato, its a lot sweeter, but its yummy! I used that a lot when I did WW just cos its free!

Well done on not giving in to temptation!! Water will help though, I think I have trained myself now to pick up water and then decide how I feel afterwards if that makes any sense!

9. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    my cognitive therapist used to tell me that when i felt like that i was trying to block out some kind of emotional hunger. in times like that i had to go sit in a quiet room and really let my emotion out. i had to get in touch with what the underlying emotion is that drove me to eat when i wasnt hungry.

it was really difficult to do but once i started thinking about the feelings and writing them down instead of just blocking it all with food i really learned a lot about myself. u say u have no idea why u wanna eat but if u tried this a few times u may be shocked by whats behind it all. i was!

its just an idea but i hope u get passed it with whatever u try!

good luck xxxxx

10. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

It makes perfect sense Kazz, thanks, I'll give the water a go (though it doesn't sound quite so appealing a nice big fat sausage roll, mmm! lol).

How's the best way to cook BNS then? I'm not good in the kitchen, if it's not pre packed and I can't cook it on the hob, in the slow cooker or in the microwave then I'm stumped :eek:

11. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Well its quite a tough vegetable so when I used to do it, took a while to peel and chop and stuff

But once you have it cut into wedges, throw it on a baking sheet and spray with 1cal spray and bang in the oven for about 20 mins, flippin them around after about 10mins...REALLY yummy!! You can make mash out of it as well, but I never tried that so not sure how that works, but I remember a friend of mine did lasagne with BNS mash topping instead of cheese and it was delicious

Just make sure the wedges are roughly the same size so they cook evenly

12. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Ok, thanks. I'll think I'll take a trip to Asda later and pick one up for tomorrow. I'm actually quite looking forward to giving it a try!

13. sarah5

sarah5 Full Member

Diet:
    was Lighterlife - moved to Cambridge
    Mmmmm is butternut squash no points then, even with the low cat spray stuff? These chips sound delicious !

14. dizzy-n-mizzy

Diet:
    Marie how did weigh in go today?

Dizzy x

15. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Sarah - BNS is 0 points, as is the 1 cal spray. I made some BNS wedges today and I seasoned them with salt and a touch of cayenne pepper. They were quite nice dipped in a bit of light salad cream, definitely a must for 0 points (though I did use 0.5 points for the salad cream).

Dizzy - I lost 5lb! Thanks for asking! :)

16. dizzy-n-mizzy

Diet:

17. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Thanks, I'm chuffed to bits, it's definitely an incentive to keep me going!

Today's not going too badly. My dinner is quite high in points tonight (9.5) so I've had to be super good today. I've done ok though - I don't even want my dinner now (beef casserole with mash potato) which is very unlike me, so I might just give my fella double helpings and have something else. I'll see how I feel in an hour or so.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. sarah5

sarah5 Full Member

Diet:
    was Lighterlife - moved to Cambridge
    wooohooooo 5lbs that's fab !!!!

thanks for the info re bns going to get some of that :D
    xx

20. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Sarah - good luck with the bns. I had to drive to 2 different supermakets to find some yesterday, ASDA had run out! We must be the last 2 people on the planet to have cottoned on to the bns craze...I'd never even heard of it before I started ww, lol!

21. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Well done on your 5lb loss Marie, thats fantastic!! I only discovered BNS on WW as well, so although its fab it doesnt seem to feature highly on anyone elses list for some reason....that said tescos over here never had it in and then said they would stop stocking it altogether!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.