Attack Attack phase question

Lucasmeister

Hi, I'm just starting out on the attack phase and have a question about cards. Am I allowed to have any at all. I have a pork shoulder in my freezer which has 2.1g fat and 4g of sugar per 100.

Thanks

Hi Lucas, pork really is a no no, Have you got your book ? Carbs are another no. Have you been on the Dukan site to get your Attack period and TW. Good luck

Hi, thanks for the reply. I went on the website and got info I needed. Must have missed the bit about pork. Can I ask why? Considering it has very low fat content? Thanks

The original Dukan book in France approves pork but in the uk we try to avoid it. along with Bacon and ham, With bacon and ham its down to the salt content as this causes water retention but as to your original question about pork I cant remember without reading 'why' someone will be along soon with a 'why' for you. I ll check and see if I can find out for you x

I don't normally eat bacon but every now and then I'll have it with breakfast. I've eaten bacon on the Dukan diet and lost weight so I think a little isn't the devil.
Like Sidd said, it's classed as a no-no in the UK for a few different reasons. Especially because UK meat producers are allowed to add a large amount of salt and added water to the meat before distribution. So just double check numbers etc.
Here in NZ our bacon is fine by Dukan standards but our yoghurt, even the low fat, low sugar versions are not suitable. It makes my life hell but I just suck it up and add cream cheese instead (it is the one thing that's Dukan friendly here) so it's all good :)
Try to use your judgement wherever you are. And if you find something in particular is causing you to plateau or gain, then cut it out. Trial and error baby!

Back