Attacked

Rider

Banned
Oh my god.. I've just been attacked by my boyfriends Rottweiler. He went for my hand and was so violent with it he's left gashes.. I don't know what to do, I'm totally in shock. He's been very told off and is properly in the dog house but I don't know if I can ever leave this room again! Sorry, I just can't get over this shock!

Oh no. How long have you been involved with your boyfriend for? I spect dog is jealous. How did that come about? Nasty dog.

I have 2 Staffies and am a dog lover but can I just say he has had you once he will have you again.

Hope your ok. And if I were you I would not want to be near it.

My husband just said they are one of the most dangerous dogs out there. He got attacked by one when he was walking our dogs few years ago luckily he didn't really harm my babies.

I thinking back to when I was little my Aunty had one called mally she had no kids but we used to stay with her when we were naughty lol and mally was just the best he was so laid back and let us climb all over him and even took us for a walk without an adult he was amazing but sadly died when he was 10 due to cancer :-(.

I think it could be the way they are raised? Or when they feel danger? I don't know enough about what happened to say really.

Just hope your ok.

Thanks everyone, I'm ok just about got over the shock but I was in tears I don't really remember what happened after he bit me when my boyfriend cleaned me up. Should be ok but it's so sore and throbbing I can't use my thumb very much as that's where he did most damage. I feel quite tired from crying and annoyingly feeling like I want something substantial to eat for some reason.
I've been with bf for about 10 months. Been living at his parents with him while I've been working down in London over the last 6 weeks. When I first met the brute, Zeus, he tried to bite my hand and grazed it so I was in tears when I first came here. Then a few weeks later he was wanting attention from me and then but my hand but not that badly. My boyf tolf me not to pet his head from the front cuz he thinks its gonna be a smack so i made sure i didnt do that again. Again upset but there wasn't really any damage and he got told off blah blah. Then I got over my fear of him and weve been fine ever since, taken him for walks and he gets excited to see me and goes between my legs all the time rubbing against me. I thought we were friends! Then today I was stroking him and he came between my legs and sat there as usual, I stroked him which he's fine with when he was at there and then he started growling, which he does when we playful sometimes, but i am still a bit wary of him so I stopped, then he just growled and barked and went for my hand, properly biting and shaking it for like 5 seconds. I've never been bit by a dog before and it sucks it's my boyfriends. He says that he thinks he needs to take Zeus to the vets as he has seemed subdued and lacking energy the last few days, and then he's bit me. Although Zeus was in the garden jumping up and bouncing high to get to some cat over the fence. I had got over my fear of Zeus and now I can't trust him again. I keep thinking it was my fault. I should har backed away when he started growling! He always seems unpredictable around me I don't know if he can sense my waryness and maybe it makes him unsure and angry?
Amethyst, I'm glad your husband and pups were ok! Must be scary when totally unprovoked.

Xx

And he was raised fine from a puppy, he's treated very well and loved and told off when he's done something naughty. So I don't know if Rottweilers have a part that can never be domesticated or something.. Or just some abnormality that isn't present in all of them? Also Zeus hasn't been neutered... Could that be why? X

I don't know hun.

What you described reminds me of our other Staffie Sam 10 yr old who was acting weird for a while then started having fits, we sent him for an MRI and the vets suspicions were right he had a brain tumour.

To be honest if he is vicious he needs to be out to sleep. What happens if they were out walking and a kid came up and padded him on the head? That's wrong for a dog to be slapped when it's naughty anyway. Good old telling off and sent to their bed would be sufficient not slapped.

Don't know what else to say, just hope he gets taken to the vet for some tests and perhaps your boyfriend should attend some pet classes.

Ouch-have just read this. You need to make sure you go to the hospital/docs asap to get a tetanus jab and they also need to inoculate you against something else-it's name escapes me but dogs are known to carry it in their saliva!

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

i dont think people should tar all rottweilers with the same brush, at the end of the day dogs are animals we choose to keep them and breed them as 'pets' odd he went for you after all this time being fine and raised well, perhaps he is poorly when my dog was ill she started getting a bit tetchy and mardy. it makes me feel so sad millions of dogs are forcably 'created' for a load of them to be killed because there dangerous or no one wants them :( anyway hope your ok was only on news a few days ago a lady got bit by her dog, one that saved her from a burning building i might add!, just bit her hand one day she didnt tell anyone as she was worried he would be put down and put BLEACH on it to clean it! it started healing then literally 2 weeks later she develped scepticimia and it killed her scary stuff! xx

Back