Attempt number 742

Hi,

so this is my 742nd attempt at losing weight (might be a bit of an exaggeration but you get my point hopefully). I've tried pretty much every diet going with various levels of success. the one that worked best for me was the Cambridge diet although I've ended up putting most of the weight back on and now I am in full panic mode as I am going on holiday in 4 weeks and would love to be able to wear the clothes I wore last year.

I have been trying to have a child for the best part of 7 years, but as I have PCOS it's looking very unlikely I will get pregnant without any help. The catch 22 situation I find myself in is that I can't get help unless I lose weight but having PCOS makes it very hard to lose weight, and my Dr kindly told me today that I'm not quite fat enough to qualify with help to lose weight either, so I can't win either way.

so what is my plan, well I have been trying to follow the exante diet for a couple of months and find that everything goes well until I get to the weekend, and then I find all the weight I managed to lose through the week I end up putting back on, so after an initial weight loss of 12lbs I've pretty much stayed the same ever since. I've been reading some weight loss diarys over the last few days and thought I would give it a go to see if it helps.

My ultimate target is to get my BMI below 30, so I will qualify for treatment but as that goal is just too big to get my head around (approx 6 stone) my first target will be to try and lose at least a stone before I go on holiday in 4 weeks.

Wish me luck

:)

Day 2 has not gone too badly, had a choc orange bar for breakfast and veg soup for lunch. Managed to make my better half a salmon salad for tea and only pinched a tiny bit of smoked salmon (does that count as cheating:) and just finished the day with pasta carbonara which is my favourite.

Hey there,

I'm on day three and have a lot to lose but I'm hoping this diet will be the making of me after varying success on other diets. I mortally hate the carbonara yuck! Am sure you'll do fab and lose a stone easy for your holiday x

Come n ladies you can do it..

i am sure the chance of getting pregnant must be the biggest motivation in itself...good luck

Thanks ladies, wish I had seen your replies this morning, someone brought breakfast bagels into work this morning and I caved in and then the other half brought home fish and chips. Bad day all round really and I feel so angry with myself. Back on it tomorrow. Hope you both had a much better day than me x

Oh dear, don't despair! Get back on it this morning...we all have slip ups! Hope you have a much better day today xxx

Back