ATTENTION! Curry lovers of West Yorkshire!

lauren992

I am going out for a meal tonight with the OH for an indian.. TWO weeks before my holiday!! So I decided to do a bit of research before hand to see what I could have expecting this to be basically not a lot! However, we decided to try Nawaab restaurant, I dont know if anyone has ever been before there are a number in bradford, huddersfield, sheffield and manchester and I have heard good reviews before so thought we would give this a go I downloaded their menu last night and was surprised to see they do a HEALTHY OPTION CURRY!

Cooked in absolutely no oils or fat purely water and the meats own stock you can choose from chicken, lamb or vegetable cooked with onions, garlic, herbs and spices I thought this must be too good to be true! I think i'm right in thinking this would probably be FREE? with boiled rice and 2 chapattis if it is i'm only having 14 syns!

Anyway, I will try it out tonight and see if it really is as good as it sounds!

Ooooh I live a 10min walk away from the Manchester one!! Keep us posted! x

To be honest tig I wanted it to be great but it really wasn't :/ my partner had a normal lamb curry too which was pretty poor we normally eat at the Aagrah which I think there are a few of around Yorkshire and in comparison it was not very good at all and I'm quite sure the chicken was frozen cubes so I really wouldn't bother but atleast it was an experience! X

lauren992 said:
To be honest tig I wanted it to be great but it really wasn't :/ my partner had a normal lamb curry too which was pretty poor we normally eat at the Aagrah which I think there are a few of around Yorkshire and in comparison it was not very good at all and I'm quite sure the chicken was frozen cubes so I really wouldn't bother but atleast it was an experience! X

You're probably a bit spoilt if you eat in the Aagrah a lot hun! Have you tried the Mumtaz? They will cook without ghee if you ask. Though no beer in them at all - not even bring your own.

The one thing I miss about living in Bradford is the decent curry you get there (and not getting charged for poppadoms!)

Hi Kingleds,

I havent tried mumtaz before no but my OH has been in the past and has said it was nice before so that could possibly be our next place to try, we love Aagrah and usually go every friday but they have put their prices up hurrendously recently which was why we thought it might be nice to try a change, so much for free popadoms, I remember when they were free as well, they're 50p each now! Not a lot i know but you can imagine if they're 50p how much the chapattis etc are...

Which is the one near the big theatre, that stands almost on an island on its own? In Bradford? That's fantastic! I forget which one it is. Nawaab used to be okay, six or seven years ago. Not sure about Aagrah in town; I always thought the one on the A64 looked a little suspect.

Crazy Cat Lady said:
Which is the one near the big theatre, that stands almost on an island on its own? In Bradford? That's fantastic! I forget which one it is. Nawaab used to be okay, six or seven years ago. Not sure about Aagrah in town; I always thought the one on the A64 looked a little suspect.

Omar khans??

We had a horrible meal last time we went to the Nawaab in Bradford ( Mum lives there) I had not been for about 10 yrs and I won't be going back again! Interesting to know that Mumtaz will cook with out ghee, have heard good and bad reviews about Mumtaz, but may go when next visiting

I had the healthy curry at nawab a few yrs ago it was horrible n was so spicy it was horrendous! I try go for the tomato based curries n share a nan bread with my hubby n have boiled rice

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Anyone from Leeds?

Back