Green Day Aubergine Bake - Superfree! (With pic)

HellieCopter

Gold Member
I have just made this for my dinner and it's a great way to boost your superfree foods and if you're looking for a filling supper.

Free on either plan, using one or two HE-A if you choose.

Ingredients

1 aubergine
1 small courgette, diced
1 pepper, diced
Half an onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
Cherry tomatoes, halved
Seasoning
1 or 2 HE-A cheese of your choice - I used goats cheese (my fave!)

Method

• Slice the aubergine in half, sprinkle with salt and leave for 30 mins. Rinse and blot with kitchen roll.
  • Preheat the oven to 200. Spray with frylight and bake for 30-40mins til the flesh is soft.
  • Gently fry the onion, garlic, courgette and peppers in frylight.
  • Scoop out the aubergine flesh, leaving enough in the shells to keep their shape - mix with the cooked vegetables and season well. Use whatever herbs and spices are to your taste.
  • Pop the filling back in the aubergine shells and top with the cherry tomatoes and slices of cheese.
  • Return to the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the tomatoes are cooked and the cheese nicely browned.
Serve with plenty of leafy, green salad.

Serves one or two depending on your appetite!

Could also be a nice side dish with some meat for a red day, or served with potato wedges or syn free chips on a green day.

photo.jpg

Last edited:
That looks lovely hun - it is a shame I not a fan of aubergine though. x

LOL...well yes, that would help!

Aubergines are 50p in Asda at the moment, so I have been making this quite a lot recently. I have just had it for my dinner again tonight (superfree food day!!) and it's absolutely lush! Loads of fresh thyme from the garden in it, chopped up the tomatoes in the mix this time and added red onion, spring onions, red pepper and courgette. Topped with reduced fat cheese this time. Served with loads of hand-picked rocket from the garden and other salad veggies. Perfect light, summer food!

I've only ever had Aubergine once and that was years ago. i was following weight watchers and made a moussaka which had Cinnamon in it. I think I made it wrong because ti was all I could taste! I've never tried Aubergine since!

I think I might be tempted to give this a go though, it looks super yummy!

This looks great, I am always undecided what to do with an aubergine, so I am going to try this for a change, thank you.

Back