Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by willfitskinnyjeans, 22 June 2014.

1. willfitskinnyjeans

willfitskinnyjeans Well-Known Member

Any ideas for aubergine? I have one And not a clue what to do with it
  2. RosiePops

RosiePops Well-Known Member

Never really been a huge fan of the aubergine, how about the obvious moussaka? Easy to make sw friendly..
  3. Willbeslimjen

Willbeslimjen Well-Known Member

Thee is a nice aubergine, courgette and couscous in the little lunch book.
    Grill aubergine and Cous Cous in a griddle, put that, mint, roasted red peppers (in brine from a jar) and mint and stir into Cous Cous
  4. pippalata

pippalata Well-Known Member

5. willfitskinnyjeans

Thank you everyone. Ill give it a bash x
  6. mondayschild

mondayschild Member

Can also stuff it.

Cook it in the oven and scrape inside and add filling ...maybe cous cous?? Uses slices to make veggie stacks with tomatoes and mozzarella or goats cheese (not sure how viable that is!), ratatouille? Add to pasta with other grilled veg e.g courgette, cherry toms, mushrooms

Can make it int a dip called Baba ghanoush (Middle Eastern). Have found an SW recipe for it Slimming World Friendly Baba Ghanoush Recipe -

Have had non - sw versions of the dip and loved it.
  7. Willbeslimjen

Willbeslimjen Well-Known Member

Looks a lovely dip will have to try
  8. willfitskinnyjeans

Thank you I'm going to try it :)
  9. Phoenix_Girl

Phoenix_Girl Well-Known Member

It's known as vegetable caviar in Turkey.
    My family always made Patlagan puree or aubergine pate.

Very easy, just grill the aubergine whole without piercing it. it will explode but don't worry, that's just steam escaping and it means it's done.
    Allow them to go cold, then scoop the inside out into a bowl, add garlic and season to taste.
    Really nice on Pitta, Ryvita or even Scan Bran slices :)