? August Bride to Be ?

Sarahdramateacher

I know I'm very late in starting my wedding diary but I had to share my last year with brides planning their wedding and weight loss.

So wedding planning is pretty stressful at the best of times... But balancing that with dieting has been ridiculously hard so I thought I'd offer some support to those who are earlier on in the process than me! Not being able to turn to a garlic mayo smothered kebab or a large BBQ chicken dominoes pizza as a stress release/reward for "all that wedding planning hardworking" has been incredibly hard....

However... 6 stone 3 lb later and 6 dress sizes with a wedding less than 6 weeks away and all planned (down to the favors) it has totally been worth it...

So for those taking the time to read - let me give you a bit of back ground.

Been with OH for 5 years, engaged for 2. Met him and was a comfortable size 16 which rocketed to a size 22 with "socializing" and first dates. In August last year, we fell in love with The Grecian Park in Cyprus and booked our wedding for this August...

All was amazing.... Until I thought.... "oh bugger... Wedding in Cyprus... Fiancé and his friends around the pool... Me, now size 22, bikini... Noooooo!"

So Cambridge diet began.

Lost 3 stone on the diet but became quite low and poorly, very emotional and unstable - was a nightmare to be around. Developed OCD that permeated into all areas of my life. I became ridiculously controlling over everything - my job (I'm a teacher so that was hard), my partner, timings of the day - if I wasn't in one place at a specific time I'd cry but most of all I became really controlling over my food. Weighing all food, having exactly the same meals day in day out, and it I had gone one gram over on one item, I had to start the meal again. Id become a nightmare and I hadn't even noticed.

Yet my gorgeous fiancé put up with me - he made me see I'd become unreasonable and had been messed up in the head.

He spoke to my dad and they found a way of making me realize what I was doing without making me feel upset.

I came totally off the Cambridge diet and now calorie count and do exercise everyday and feel so much better. Yes, I am still a little obsessed with what I eat and the times I eat, but I can now eat out and socialize where as before, I'd eat on my own so people couldn't see.

I am now a happy size - I am comfortable. I am toning (blooming hard work!!) and feel good in myself.

Wedding is around the corner now and I am so excited.

Had my final dress fitting last Tuesday - wedding dress was obviously way too big given I'd ordered in November last year. I had to order a brand new dress express delivery which arrived on Saturday and I have a fitting tomorrow - pray that it fits as iv never tried it before!!!

I hope sharing my ups and downs can encourage anyone to stay grounded but succeed in their journey to being a slim bride but a HAPPY slim bride!!!

Back