August bride!

Hiya, I thought I'd introduce myself as I'm going to be keeping a diary/progress thread here. I'm getting married in August and I've 2stone to lose!
I'm 5'3" and currently weigh 147Lbs.
Last summer I weighed 120Lbs and have put on 2st due to medication and terrible binging!
I'm doing calorie counting (approx 1200cals net daily) and trying to keep it low carb (don't always have the discipline!) I started on Tuesday and will be weighing every Tuesday morning.
I don't have my first dress fitting until June so I'd like to be 130lbs by then (in an ideal world!!) I'm quite lazy, am working on my feet all day but I'm not active outside of work so am gonna try increase my exercise.
Ill be updating daily and weighing weekly.
Wish me luck!! :)

Food plan today:
Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs
10g flora olive spread
2 cups if coffee with light soya milk.
Break: 20g peanuts
Lunch: shredded ham
2 tblsp low fat coleslaw
Lettuce, onions, cucumber, tomatoes
Dinner: chicken breast
30g garlic and herb goats cheese
1tblsp sundried tomatoes
1 cup mixed veg
Snack: 2 rice cakes
30g soft goats cheese
More coffee!!

Hiya, I thought I'd introduce myself as I'm going to be keeping a diary/progress thread here. I'm getting married in August and I've 2stone to lose!
I'm 5'3" and currently weigh 147Lbs.
Last summer I weighed 120Lbs and have put on 2st due to medication and terrible binging!
I'm doing calorie counting (approx 1200cals net daily) and trying to keep it low carb (don't always have the discipline!) I started on Tuesday and will be weighing every Tuesday morning.
I don't have my first dress fitting until June so I'd like to be 130lbs by then (in an ideal world!!) I'm quite lazy, am working on my feet all day but I'm not active outside of work so am gonna try increase my exercise.
Ill be updating daily and weighing weekly.
Wish me luck!! :)

Hi and welcome! My wedding is in August too - Sunday 4th - whens yours? Have you come across My Fitness Pal - fantastic app for calorie counting and a great way to keep track of what you are eating. It also tells you what calories you should be aiming for to lose a specific amount of weight (0.5lbs to 2lbs per week). Goodluck!

Hiya! Mines a week later :) can't believe it's so soon!!! You all organised?
Yesterday went well, but it's my time of month so was craving Choc last night, had it but not very much. I feel good though. Usually when I start a diet, if I fall off the wagon I say f@!k it and binge or say I'm starting a different one, but this time it feels different. I know it's gonna take a week or so to really get into the swing of things as I have basically had a diet of about 70% carbs my whole life so it's a big change!! I think also since I'm not doing Atkins, I know I'm not gonna be in ketosis so if I do slip up, it's just a matter of 'tomorrow is a new day'
Was tempted to weigh this morn but I'm gonna hold off till Tuesday, would be extatic with a 4lb loss (being my first week), ill have to try be extra vigilant cause ill be so disappointed if its only 2lbs. I'm uses to weighing myself every day so this is definitely a challenge!
:)

Food plan for today is:
Breakfast: 25g cornflakes
Alpro light soya milk
Break: some nuts
Lunch: chicken and veg soup
Dinner: beef burger (hopefully no horse!) and salad.
I know some of you will say 'don't eat cornflakes!!!' But I'm doing 50-100g carbs daily and they only account for 20g. Just can't handle eggs during my Tom (no idea why! Just make me queasy!)
I'm not going drinking this weekend so it's a good opportunity to lose some weight :)

God it's been awhile since I've updated!!! I fell off the wagon last weekend cause I was away! Ate a load of carbs but walked a lot too! (5hrs one day!) haven't been doing great low carb but am keeping my calories down. I basically told myself that I'm going to eat healthily and not snack so much! At the end of every day I work out how many cals I've had which is approx 1000-1300 and I'm feeling full and satisfied. I started swimming last week and am doing an hour's swim a day which I love! Haven't attempted to go to the gym or classes (kettle bells/spinning) I know the weight will fall off fast with these classes but I also know I don't have the dicipline to stick to it for longer than 2weeks! So the swimming is working for me, and I actually look forward to going in the mornings which is a change for me!! :)
Food plan for today is:
Coffee (50)
Cornflakes/soya milk (200)
Fruit salad (80)
Chicken/veg soup (100)
Cereal bar (90)
Rice/egg/veg (380)
Which comes to 900cals.
Ill prob have a pack of salt and vinegar rice cakes too when I do the supermarket shop :) and a square of Choc after dinner, so will total up to approx 1050. It seems low cause I prob burn bout 350 swimming for the hour so netting at 700 a day but am completely satisfied and not hungry so ill stick with this till the end of the month and weigh and measure at may bank holiday to see how I'm getting on. I also have an event on every weekend till then so it'll bring up my average cals!
:)

Hey - you are doing really well! keep up the good work! Try to make sure your net calories aren't too low....you need to make sure you get all your nutrients and vitamins...its different to VLCDs as they are designed to contain everything!

Thanks :) I know what you mean but I hate the way the government set these guidelines..I agree cause most people make bad food choices but I eat a lot of veg, soup, protein etc (only prob I have is with calcium!) oops!

Still going strong :)
Yesterday was a good day, really didn't wanna get up for my swim in the morn, but dragged myself out of bed and when I got there I loved it :) did an hour and pushed myself harder this time (my arms and legs still sore!)
Ate bout 1250cals yest, I kept picking all day cause it was quiet in work!!
I'm dying to weigh myself but I don't want to dishearten myself so I'm still gonna wait till 1st week in may to see how many lbs I've lost, but also how many cm's :)
Today will be harder for me, no swimming as I'm on the early shift :( and I'm going to a gig later so will be having a few drinks (nightmare for me cause I end up getting burger/chips on the way home!!)
So plan for today is:
B-fast: cereal bar 120
Break: soya yoghurt 100
Lunch: soup 100
Snack: crackers/goats cheese 100
Dinner: veg curry 400
Total: 820
That gives me room for a few drinks and a pack of crisps when I get back tonight :) will be hitting the pool hard tomorrow tho :)
Next weekend will be harder though as have a wedding and a hen! So will need to be extra good during the week!

Hi Hutchie, just thought I would pop by and see how you are getting on?

Hi, Im an august bride 2, Saturday the 3rd - i've 11/2 stone left to loose and Im working hard at it. I know you havent posted for a while but you were doing great so I hope its still going well for you x

Back