Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

august challenge anyone?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by conlou1, 17 July 2011 Social URL.

1. conlou1

conlou1 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i have maintained all the way through july due to having lots of commitments which were unavoidable. so during august i would like to lose at least 7 pounds-does anyone else want to join me in a month of really buckling down and sticking to it? we could share tips and recipes and food diarys?? and the ups and downs?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. welshchick

welshchick Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I'll join you! I started 3 weeks ago and have lost 6 lbs. Getting married next year so would love to also lose 7lbs in august. Lots more to go though!!! lets do it!!! I find weekends my downfall, am really bad x

4. Madmavey

Madmavey Full Member

Count me in! Need to get back into it.

5. kerry2285

kerry2285 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Count me in too. Been off plan for a few weeks so would like to loose 5lbs before end of Aug.

Last edited: 20 July 2011
  6. conlou1

conlou1 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    my weigh day is a tuesday what about you guys? and what days do you do mostly red/green/EE?

7. Diamond Daisy

Diamond Daisy Full Member

Me! I want 7lb in august! I'll be doing green days.

8. kerry2285

kerry2285 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I weigh in on Thursday's normally. I do a mix of all 3 depends if I want lots of bread lol its one of my weaknesses :-S

9. conlou1

conlou1 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i do a mix of all 3 but find i lose most on red but trying to get the hang of EE. made a syn free curry with veg and chicken and spices and it is yummy and really filling. my other fave at the minute is bacon, poached egg, mushroom, tomatoes and beans for breakfast mmmmm.

10. Diamond Daisy

Diamond Daisy Full Member

I love bacon but find it too expensive since i tend to eat a pack in one go lol I may have to throw a couple of red days into my week to see how it goes!

11. Madmavey

Madmavey Full Member

I usually follow extra easy with a couple of red days occasionally. Weigh in day is Sunday.

12. conlou1

conlou1 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i get bacon from heron, i dont know if you have one near you but they normally do packs for 1 pound, and i just do it over 2 days and bulk up on everything else. i got some nice thick cut bacon from asda this weekend and it was on offer-not sure how much but cos its thick cut i tend to use less. i could easily eat a pack of bacon too haha. well im going to havae a red day tomorrow and tuesday cos its weigh night on tuesday and i want to give myself the best possible chance of losing something, i went a bit wild last night was at a wedding and had fish chips and mushy peas, and cake and lager lol, but have been really good around it so hoping ive managed to maintain or even lose a little bit. the only thing i havent had much chance to do is exercise as ive been so busy but does a couple of hours dancing count as good exercise??

13. kerry2285

kerry2285 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Lol I'm sure that will count!
    I'm officially back on sw 100% tomoz and starting back with an ee day. Also going to do either 30 day shread or zumba on Wii.

I find Iceland cheap for Bacon. Big packs for £3 but you get about 16 slices. I too can go through a pack of Bacon no probs!

14. conlou1

conlou1 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i go to the gym 3 times a week normally and love it so this week i need to get back into it cos i feel unfit just through not going for a week. im going to go tomorrow, wednesday and friday-possibly sunday aswell. once im there im fine but its getting motivated to go once weve had tea and everything x

15. fairy3853

fairy3853 Full Member

Start Weight:
    107.73kg
    Current Weight:
    107.73kg
    Goal Weight:
    85.73kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    Ok, count me in. Lets hope that having to answer to someone will spur me on when i have my picking head on.. normaly starts on a friday and ends on a sunday afternoon lol. Thing is, weigh day is monday morning for me. Been doing abit of reading on hear and found its a good idea to do red days afew days before weigh in so im going to try that this week.

going to start tomorrow with a red day as I fancy a burger for dinner and diddnt weigh them before I made them.

Also, love ham salad sandwiches, absolutly adore them so might have one for lunch ever day this week

16. conlou1

conlou1 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    we can do it guys!!! i struggle with syn free snacks, i find bananas and yogurts stop me losing weight so i have cut them out as snacks now, so at a bit of a loss really any suggestions welcome. i did have strawberries and fat free fromage frais for 2 days last week was yummers. and i sometimes snack on boiled egg, but im desperate for some syn free quick and easy snacks!!

17. kerry2285

kerry2285 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What about a syn free quiche? I use Bacon to line the bottom and then put in milk and egg with prowess, onions, keel, chopped Bacon and sprinkle a bit of low fat cheese in too.

It is using hex but I find it helps between lunch and tea when I need a snack to keep me going. I think you can use cottage cheese or quork so you don't use a hex but I'm not keen on either.

18. conlou1

conlou1 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    ive made sw quiche before actually but always forget thanks ill make one i think next week. i find omelettes are great snacky food and mega filling, but im so lazy i just cant be bothered, what i really want are crisps lol x

19. Safia

Safia Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would love to lose 7lbs too in august x

20. kerry2285

kerry2285 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You can make sw crisps!

Peel a potato and the peel thin long strips of potato, spray them with fry light, then you know the microwaveable Bacon trays? Pop the potato strips on there and microwave til crisp.

Mum told me that one and they are yummy!! You can sprinkle salt or spices etc on to create flavour. You can also buy a kids toy from aegis that slices potato to make crisps!

21. conlou1

conlou1 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    ooh sw crisps!!! now ya talking!! whats the microwaveable bacon thingy your talking about though, never heard of that?? where do you get them from? x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.