August challenge

Skinny girl

I am going for 12lbs this month. Add your challenge to the list.

skinny girl - 0lb lost - 12lbs to go

I will join you on this challenge, I plan to start my slim and save packs on Monday. I am 13 stones and would like to lose 3.5 stones. How did you lose 9.5lbs in 1 week?

I will join you on this challenge, I plan to start my slim and save packs on Monday. I am 13 stones and would like to lose 3.5 stones. How did you lose 9.5lbs in 1 week?

It was my first week on the S&S packs and therefore a bigger loss. How much would you like to aim to lose in August?

My first August weigh in is 1.5lb down, is actually 4.5lb in the week but only counting the August dates for the challenge. The 13st something bracket is so close :)

skinny girl - 1.5lb lost - 10.5lbs to go

Hello.

I'm new here & hoping to start this week! Would love to join your challenge I have lots to lose so will aim for 14lbs as I will have week 1 in there too.

Good luck xxx

Well done!

Today is my first day and, as always, the hardest.
I always start out so positive but I feel my diet never really starts until I can complete one day. I am doing slim and save too and have 84 packs for the month (3 packs and 1 meal)/day.

I weighed in this morning at 181.8lbs I would really like to lose 10lbs this month (I lose weight really slowly). I did lighter life back in 2009 and lost 2.5lbs/week whilst everyone else lost 3-5lbs/week. I don't exercise at all so that might be the reason. Anyway should we do daily updates or weekly ones?

Today I plan to have:
Breakfast - S&S porridge
Lunch - Chilli Con Carne
Dinner - Spicy Spaghetti
Meal - Caesar Salad
Vitamin tablet and 1-2 litres of water (I struggle with this)

Exercise - maybe 5min of burpees? Check out freeletics.com

Welcome chocolover!

What will you be eating today?
How about a mini introduction about yourself , have you been trying to lose weight for a while? This journey seems endless to me :-(

Good luck chocolover and Sasha23 have added you to the list.

I tend to update my losses weekly but it is up to you when you do it. My weigh in day is Sunday (despite the fact I am a serial daily weigher!) Packs today for me are: Pasta carbonara, caramel shake, cottage pie and mushroom pasta. I organise all my packs into daily sets so that I have a variety over the month.

skinny girl - 4.0lb lost - 8.0lbs to go
chocolover - 0lb lost - 14lbs to go
sasha23 - 0lb lost - 10lb to go

Last edited:
Hey.

Well I won't be starting until my packs arrive as only ordered them today! I have at least 6 stone to lose have done Cambridge & lighter life in the past lost 6stone 8lbs but then fell pregnant before hitting goal putting back on all but 1 stone of it back on so another long journey for me but I have 2 lovely children now that I wouldn't change for the world but now I need to tackle this weight again :)

Day 2 complete :)

Breakfast - Slim and save porridge
Lunch - Chicken Salad
Dinner - Chilli Con Carne
Dinner part 2 - Chocolate Trufa
Snack - 10 Almonds

So tomorrow is the weigh in?

How has the week been for everyone?
3 weeks left to go

What will be the treat for achieving target at the end of the month?

Just a mini 2.5lb loss for me this week which I am disappointed with but better off than on! Am away on holiday camping with no power so have been very restricted and just had lumpy shakes (I normally blend mine with loads of ice) here's to a bigger loss next week. At least I have broken into the next stone barrier : )

skinny girl - 4.0lb lost - 8.0lbs to go
sasha23 - 0lb lost - 10lb to go

My scales were reporting a loss of 6.6lbs this morning
It's my first week though and might all be water but still happy ? can't wait to have nice fitting clothes for once. Bring on week 2

A 4lb loss for me this week which I am very happy with because that brings me to a 2 stone loss in 6 weeks! Well done on your last weeks loss sasha23 how did you go this week?

skinny girl - 8.0lb lost - 4.0lbs to go
sasha23 - 6.6lb lost - 3.4lb to go

Rubbish week for me, my body is just resisting. Only lost 0.4lbs and i don't think that even counts. Really disappointed :-(

Well done on your loss this week skinnygirl

Sasha23 - It certainly does count and I have recorded it. You have lost half a stone and only 3lbs left to go for your challenge. Remember everyone loses weight at different rates. Are you drinking lots of water? Are you having your 4 or 3 packs and a meal everyday? Have you had any cheats? Keep at it and soon you will see results.

skinny girl - 8.0lb lost - 4.0lbs to go
sasha23 - 7.0lb lost - 3.0lb to go

Hiya, I started last week and lost 6lbs my first week, but I did cheat and mess so real week is this week, day 2 and 100%. I would love 14lbs by end of august!

To be honest, I think I fell off the wagon.
My biggest mistake is weighing myself every day and when the scales don’t move I just feel further away from my goal. Ever since I did lighterlife back in 2009 I have been unable to lose weight, as if my body is fighting against me.

I live in a hotel near my work place and at lunch time the restaurant has a salad buffet, with chicken and fish etc..i have that for lunch and my ketosticks were saying I was still in ketosis but still the scales didn’t move and I am wondering if the portions/calories are just too much. (I guess if my plate is full of fish and chicken and salad then it is still not good?)

This week hasn’t been good at all..I had fish and chips for dinner on Sunday, 2 slices of chocolate cake and 2 piece of thorntons on Monday during lunch. I am completely out of ketosis now and I just feel awful like I have no self-control. My weight loss is so slow it is depressing

I start work at 7am and have my first meal pack at 6.30am

So by 12pm I am starving…and the thought of a Caesar salad just doesn’t seem appealing, I am also wondering if all the cheese and dressing could be stopping the weight loss?

I eat the other 2 meal packs at 6pm and then again at 8pm.

I have 20kg to lose and this journey just feels endless

Sasha23- Is there anyway you can have a pack at lunchtime instead of the hotel buffet, that certainly sounds calorific even if it is jut chicken/fish/salad I reckon the portion sizes are far too much and especially with cheese and dressing. Is it possible to try a week of just 4 packs a day? Maybe take a bar to have at midday that can be quick and discreet to eat. Then you can space the other 2 packs out and have one when you get home and one later in the evening. I have my packs at approx 8am/12pm/5pm/8pm. Is there anyway you can have your first pack later while at work? If you stick to it 100% you will get results. Remember if you cheat it will take even longer to lose weight so stay on the straight and narrow for the results. Remember drink lots of water too. Good luck.

I don't get it I stick to it 100% (like I have done from the start) and just a mini 1.5lb loss this week and because I weigh daily I know that came off last Monday! How can my weight not shift more than that on such an extreme diet?! I have a friend doing SW who consistently has loses of 3lbs a week. How can I lose so little on such a strict diet? Anyway not going to give up will keep plodding on and hope for a bigger loss next week.

skinny girl - 9.5lb lost - 2.5lbs to go
sasha23 - 7.0lb lost - 3.0lb to go

Back