August exercise challenge

tipperary

Gold Member
OK you know what to do now.
Set your own exercise challenge for the month and update regularly.
Can you reach your own targets.
For walkers, steppers, runners, swimmers, cyclists, kayakers, hula hoopers and any exercise you want.

I need to review my July numbers and be realistic about this month. Its a very busy month for me with at least three occupied weekends and then my holiday at the end.

August has 31days, and 4 weekends including a bank holiday weekend.

What is your target.

I am really busy this month and seem to be having problems swimming so what I would hope to do is.

Exercise 20 times: 0 done and 20 to go

Which will be
Swim 8 times: 0 done and 8 to go
Walk 50km: 0 done and 50 to go
Cycle 100km: 0 done and 100 to go

Exercise 20 times: 2 done and 18 to go

Which will be
Swim 8 times: 1 done and 7 to go (14 lengths)
Walk 50km: 4 done and 46 to go

A start

Well I am in.
I am going to aim for an average of 12,000 steps a day.
So that will be 372,000 steps for August. I am away for a bit of it so I will have day where I won't do very many steps but I am aiming to make up for this on other days.

Best of luck Tipperary.
Holidays are getting close now. Are you getting excited?

So far 11,519/ 372,000 steps.

I'm not sure about excited....I don't travel very well and get very apprehensive about it and can't relax or look forward to it until I am there. I am looking forward to finishing this job and I am looking forward to sunshine, eating outdoors and swimming.

How do you get your steps in....do you go for a walk or are you on your feet all day. I've got into a habit when shopping if parking the car far from the shop so I have to get more walking done.

Just a short walk last night with husband, 3km down the road and back

Exercise 20 times: 3 done and 17 to go

Which will be
Swim 8 times: 1 done and 7 to go (14 lengths)
Walk 50km: 7 done and 43 to go

24,057/ 372,000 steps done so far.

It will be lovely to have some sunshine Tipperary.
I love being on holiday. It's the freedom of just doing what you want (within reason - I have small children). But we don't have any of the day to day cares and we can just do our own thing without being responsible for others. Just living in the moment.

I try to go for a couple of little walks a day. Don't usually get the time for a longer walk as husband does not get home til late.
Having a target really encourages me to walk to the shop instead of taking the car. And that is a little walk done.

As well as my regular gym session i've started doing the 30 Day app challenges. It's great as I can do them on the go and for the days where I don't make it to the gym it feels like a positive action :) I'm on Day 3 of the Plank, Abs, Arms & Squat challenges.

Running total 40,114/ 372,000. I am well on track but next week I won't have the chance to walk much and will be at the mercy of others for food so could undo all of this weeks good work.

So far 52,198/ 372,000 steps.

Hope you are doing ok Tipperary.

We all need a day off.
And sometimes we have no choice, we just can't fit in it.
Have a good weekend :)

I'd like that app I think...dies it have a specific name

The ones I'm using are called
30 Day Abs
30 Day Squat
30 Day Arms
30 Day Plank

They're all made by the same company and all on the App Store for free

Total so far 64,441/ 372,000 steps. I am keeping to target. Aiming to be on target this month. Came close last month but want to make it this month.
I must have a look at the apps. I really should tray and fit in a bit more than walking in my day.

Back