August exercise challenge

tipperary

Gold Member
OK everyone, August exercise challenge now open.

Compete against yourself, set your own goal for the month and see can you reach it.
Any and all exercise can be counted, running, walking, swimming, zumba, hula hooping, trampolining, skipping, aerobics, Wii fit, chasing small children with a wooden spoon...we count it all.

Prepare for tomorrow, set your goals and off you go.

Thanks for posting tipp!

My goal by the end of August is to be able to run for 60 minutes non-stop, this will be in preparation for the 10k I have booked on September 2nd. I anticipate my 10k time will be closer to 70minutes, but I'm not worried about completing the whole distance until the actual race.

To achieve this I'm going to continue following my 10k running app - aiming for 3x per week although this will differ according to shift pattern. Also intending on doing parkrun on August 11th & 25th - this is just 5k but should help me improve my speed.

Good luck all!

That's am amazing challenge Clareel and one that I even jealous of. Keep us posted

A big shout out and speedy recovery to @Chubby Ghost who is currently unavailable for a challenge due to an accident. Hope you can be our cheer leading squad from the sidelines and be back in September.

And finally my challenge is to exercise in some way 17 times this month.

Go for it, what in particular do you like on the Wii fit

I like the do the jogging, but I find the step game a nice little warm down, hulahoop game makes me move in such ways 😂

Good thread Tippy😺
Aqua fit circuit training for 30 mins X 4 days
Arm exercises with weights X 3 days

Think I'll go and get that hula hoop after all and give that a go too😺

So far done no exercise as not been well but intend going to the pool in the morning & will stay longer to catch up 🐳

Great start everyone!

Have done my first August workout this morning which was running for 3x17mins with 1 min walk in between. Covered 7k so not very fast but it's quite hot outside so I'm please I managed to complete it, looking forward to being able to run that distance without stopping :classic_roll_eyes:

Well done to all taking part in this month's challenge.
Looking at Clareel, Tibbs, Sarloumack, Tipperrary all making great progress towards end goal.

Weight is down to 209.2 lbs.
That's me under the 15 Stone mark for the first time in years.
Probably a mix of the hospital food and exertions of moving around with crutches.
My metabolism has also probably speeded up with my previous exercise and weight loss.

No organised exercise since 27th July.
Walking around with crutches is an exercise in itself.
Although it's taking a bit of getting used to trying to take things easy.
I have been eating well but sometimes my appetite is a bit awry.

Last edited:
Well done on your weight loss chubby ghost, sorry it's because you've not been well but every cloud eh :classic_roll_eyes: I hope you are on the mend and feeling much better soon.

I have run on Monday and again this morning, Monday 7.3k in 53mins and today 7.5k in 56mins. Edging closer to the 60 minute mark and then onto the full 10k. Cant wait!

Well done every one ⭐️ And brill result for you Chubby Ghost ✨

Must say that if I hadn't joined this challenge I'd not have done the arm exercises, pleased to say I did all planned pool exercises and did the arm exercises at home with weights..the gym is packed at the minute!
Weight is still stuck around 11st but not that bothered, at the minute I'm concentrating on losing inches. Pleased to say my waist is down 1/2 inch..so the pool exercises are doing their thing (I've lost 1.5 inches since the end of June) bingo wings are going slowly but surely..I can actually see my left arm toning up but the right one needs to be reminded to join in I think😸It still looks a bit shapeless🤔
My week is running Wed to Tues, so for this week I'm doing:
45 mins Aqua circuit training Wed, Thurs, Mon & Tues concentrating on waist & arms.
Also intend adding at least 1hr walk along the prom at Whitley Bay over the weekend.
I will be the happiest bunny going if I manage to lose another half inch from my waist..at the minute I'm still in high risk category😕
Enjoy X

Well done Tibbs, who care about weight if you are getting smaller. Exercise plan for the week sounds good :)

5k parkrun completed this morning and took 53seconds off my previous time completing it in 33mins and 30secs. Delighted with that!

Another 3x18min run with 1min walking intervals done, covered 7.6k this time so getting slightly faster.

2x22min run with 1 min walk done today. Not sure on distance as had to double back to avoid a rather angry looking deer that was coming towards me, I ran fairly quickly then :classic_big_grin::classic_big_grin:

Working all weekend so next run will be Monday.

2x25min run with 1 min walk done, total distance 7.1k

Next run Wednesday.

Back