Australia

I am moving to Sydney in Oct but starting with 6 weeks in Asia! Also scared my weight will balloon with going away parties and being off plan ALTHOUGH I am relying on the Asia diet! Think that will make me lose weight!

Lost 4.5 stone so far so hopin to maintain it!

Any store cupboard staples for in Oz?

Hi and Welcome

With the support of everyone on here, the fb page (and friends on skype) im sure you'll both do well. If you have joied the fb group, there are a few foods on there you can add to your staples the form'e yogurts are a good one and free.

whilst your in asia eat the rice lol

Good Luck to you's :)

Hiya I just started slimming world again a couple of weeks ago and I love these forums for support and motivation. I'm planning on having a trawl through this forum later to find all the helpful hints and tips particularly regarding syns and healthy extras as I'm struggling with UK equivalents. Thanks guys x

Hi guys
Ok I have landed in Oz, but have been stuffing my face with food that I have been missing for the last ten years, so now feel well and truly puffy!!! So I am starting back on the SW way come Monday, and I have joined the FB page, but wanted to know if there are any sticky lists for either free foods, ie store cupboard staples or he's? If not could we somehow start one?
Thanks so much

Hey Rissole welcome back to Oz,

Hope you are getting on ok, there is a thread on here but it hasn't been updated for a while Aussie Slimming World Foods - syns, free etc as I think most people are now using the FB page but will probably be helpful if you are just starting out. Must admit I still come on here when I need some inspiration for new meal ideas.

Good luck with SW.

Wow i hadn't realised how long it's been since i've been on here!

Njay your doing brilliant, well done!! Good Luck for your next weigh-in :)

As im still recovering i've decided not to weigh until next week, as it will have given enough time to have gotten back on track and hopefully my weight moving again, Im doing well eating wise, although because i can't exercise too, that i think my weight will have suffered, but we'll see next week ?

Hey Kels,

Thanks, 1 stubborn pound to target, it has obviously become very attached to me as it does not want to shift !!!! I didn't weigh in this week as we went away last weekend for OH birthday and for the first time in 6 months not one thing SW friendly was eaten or drunk, it was great but I know that the scales would have horrified me, but I've been good all week so hopefully anything that went on will soon be gone :)

Glad to hear you are recovering, wouldn't stress about exercise, the main thing is to get yourself 100% well before you do anything and if you're doing well on the food front you that's all that matters.

Must admit I don't come on this site that often anymore, only when I want some ideas or info.

Good luck with the weigh in next week and take care of yourself :)

Wow i hadn't realised how long it's been since i've been on here!

Njay your doing brilliant, well done!! Good Luck for your next weigh-in :)

As im still recovering i've decided not to weigh until next week, as it will have given enough time to have gotten back on track and hopefully my weight moving again, Im doing well eating wise, although because i can't exercise too, that i think my weight will have suffered, but we'll see next week ?

Im sure you'll have that last 1lb off soon enough hon. Hope you had a nice time away and at least you enjoyed yourself rather than worry about everything you ate or drank. The exercising was helping me get toned and i don't feel so toned now, so it's a little frustrating, but like you say id sooner get better first, then i can get back into it. Yes im the same, i come on here for recipes etc or if im stuck with syns for something, but very rarely.

Thankyou and Good Luck too with your next WI ;)

Hey all,

From N.Ireland living in NSW Wollongong and I've previously lost 2stone on SW trying it again as I've put a heaps more on. Signing up online for three months but would love to find out some info n support from you all for Australian alternatives! :)

Hi Everyone

I'm another newbie to this site, been in Perth for a year now & unfortunately due to the lovely wines & social times have piled on the bulk since arriving from the UK where I was previously a SW member, so am starting again on the weightloss challenge especially with Xmas & a holiday looming ever nearer! As there's no SW classes here any advice, pointers & tips for what Supermarket Foods are v low syn or even better free would be great, unfortunately there's no Aldi down this neck of the woods waah!!

Have you both had a look through previous posts ? We have a FB group named ''Slimming World in Australia'' Join us on there as we're on there daily, As you can see, not many of us have been on here lately lol :)

Hi,

I'm new to all of this so please excuse if I say anything obvious! I'm very keen to try Slimming World and really liked this thread. I have tried joining the facebook group and was accepted but I still can't see the posts.....am I doing something wrong??? Please help

All sorted now.....no problem

Last edited:
helllpppppp!! Where are you all?? I have just scrolled through most of this thread and am wondering where you all are?
I have just tried to join the fb page so fingers crossed I will meet you all soon.
Living in Perth since August and just about to join SW onlnr!
Looking forward to joining the gang!! x x:eek:

Back