average amount of stored glycogen/water in body is ....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dancing, 16 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

4lbs. So for those of you who don't cut down on carbs the week prior to starting vlcd like CD/LL, 4lbs of the weight showing as a loss on the scales at your first weigh in is due to water/glycogen - the rest is due to fat flushed down the toilet! Good news on the way down the scales.:D ....

........... not so good for me after 4 days of binge eating - to find that only 4lbs of what I put on these past 4 days is due to water/glycogen. :eek:

Still, I'm back on track again and I think this piece of information will help keep me on track .... every little bit of info helps me to shout down the little wicked voice that has begun playing games with me.

:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    gosh dancing is it really only 4lb? how come some people get massive losses in their first week then. I lost 12lb in my first CD week. does that really mean I lost 8lb of fat in one single week?

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I know, I couldn't believe it and I've searched and searched but every reference to it says the same thing. The only way it would be slightly more is if people have really carbed up before starting the diet, but even then it would only be an extra pound. I wonder if there is more water lost somehow that is unrelated to the glycogen stores. I wish someone could give us the scientific answer.

5. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Yes - but you need to find the threads with the pictures of exactly what 1lb of fat actually looks like - along with the 5lbs of fat - its bloody huge! xxxxxxxx

Yuk - its like yellow lard :eek::eek::eek:

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

hmmmm, not sure I needed reminding of how huge a pound of fat is (considering the week i've just had) .... :)

7. Daisy_Duke13

Daisy_Duke13 Full Member

Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    Oh dear i just google imaged a lb of fat- my word we are doing well (slip up-who cares!) after seeing ive lost 21 of them im pretty damn chuffed with myself and everyone else!
    I wanted to save the picture as a stark reminder but my new rubbish mac wont let me!
    Just have to google it!
    That was minging!
    xxxx

8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

9. s_786

s_786 Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.25%)
    Diet:
    CD
  10. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat you'll ever meet. Want to know why? Because no one ever wants to lose me. I'm only a pound of fat. Just a pound.

Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen, but never only one.

So I just stick around & happily keep you fat. Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice. That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty, or more pounds in weight.

Yes, it's fun being only one pound of fat, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in next week, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost a pound….". (As if that were such a terrible thing!) For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing either.

I guess, what I really want to say is, I love being around you – around your arms, your thighs, your chin, and every other part of you.

After all, I'm only a pound of fat.

Its soo true

11. sassey50kg

sassey50kg determined to be thin!

Some of the big loss on 1st week is food/waste from your stomach + bowel (lovely)
    xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.