Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Average weight losses

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by chele80, 25 November 2010 Social URL.

1. chele80

chele80 On a mission

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(26.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    My CDC told me 1 stone a month is the average weight loss, so around 3.5lbs a week are to be expected (obviously with more in the first month).

A couple of friends of mine have been told 5lbs a week.

Now I look at people's siggys all the time to work out your averages and they vary loads and loads, but I was just wondering what YOUR CDC tells you the average weight loss is?

I know it's not really important, and it can vary from person to person etc but was just curious.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. 16to10

16to10 Now Maintaining :)

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    8st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(30.25%)
    Diet:
    Was on Cambridge Diet
    It really depends on how much you have to lose I think. My losses were slower compared to others, but I'm fine with that because but I didn't have much to lose.

4. Moleymole

Moleymole Nicki xxx

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(19.4%)
    Diet:
    CD
    mine says stone a month

5. determinator

determinator Banned

if you read all the blurb from cambridge themselves they state the average is a stone a month , this is obviously an average meaning 50% of people will loose this or less and 50% this or more ..... but thats the average

6. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I was told a stone but also my CDC says that she has found that her clients who exercise have historically lost more on average a month. But that's only her experience.

7. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    IMHO, telling clients they'll lose 5 pounds a week is a tad optimistic - not to mention setting folks up for a fall. Because you just don't lose that much weight consistently each week. I've had weeks when 100% the whole time (other than the first week and that's different) when I've lost anything between five pounds and absolutely nothing at all - that's just how it goes. And I think CWPCs should tell you that can happen sometimes for no obvious reason.

The stone a month thing takes into account those extra losses you get at the beginning, I think. So yes, in month one, you might lose a stone and a half, but in month five you might only lose half a stone (because you'll be so much closer to goal - weight loss slows down the nearer to goal you get).

That's my take on it, anyway.

8. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I agree Lily - over the whole journey the loss is very likely to be around the stone a month level.

9. PhoenixsHonour

PhoenixsHonour Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(6.73%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    My CDC says a stone a month. I currently average more than this (even without the first week!) but my weekly loss after that has varied between 4.75-2.75lb. The lowest being last week. I average about 4 pounds a week, which I'm pretty happy with.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.