• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Average weight losses

My CDC told me 1 stone a month is the average weight loss, so around 3.5lbs a week are to be expected (obviously with more in the first month).

A couple of friends of mine have been told 5lbs a week.

Now I look at people's siggys all the time to work out your averages and they vary loads and loads, but I was just wondering what YOUR CDC tells you the average weight loss is?

I know it's not really important, and it can vary from person to person etc but was just curious.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

16to10

Now Maintaining :)
It really depends on how much you have to lose I think. My losses were slower compared to others, but I'm fine with that because but I didn't have much to lose.

mine says stone a month

I was told a stone but also my CDC says that she has found that her clients who exercise have historically lost more on average a month. But that's only her experience.

IMHO, telling clients they'll lose 5 pounds a week is a tad optimistic - not to mention setting folks up for a fall. Because you just don't lose that much weight consistently each week. I've had weeks when 100% the whole time (other than the first week and that's different) when I've lost anything between five pounds and absolutely nothing at all - that's just how it goes. And I think CWPCs should tell you that can happen sometimes for no obvious reason.

The stone a month thing takes into account those extra losses you get at the beginning, I think. So yes, in month one, you might lose a stone and a half, but in month five you might only lose half a stone (because you'll be so much closer to goal - weight loss slows down the nearer to goal you get).

That's my take on it, anyway.

I agree Lily - over the whole journey the loss is very likely to be around the stone a month level.

My CDC says a stone a month. I currently average more than this (even without the first week!) but my weekly loss after that has varied between 4.75-2.75lb. The lowest being last week. I average about 4 pounds a week, which I'm pretty happy with.