Average weight to loose

huntsu1

S: 16st3.5lb C: 12st5lb G: 11st6lb BMI: 26.3 Loss: 3st12.5lb(23.96%)
I'm not sure that there is an 'average weight loss' it really depends on so many factors - the only thing guaranteed is if you follow the plan (red green or EE) to the letter you cannot fail to loose weight.

L0ckerz

S: 16st5lb G: 10st0lb
See it was my first weigh in today and iv stuck to plan 100% and lost 1/2 a pound .. I'm so dissapointed ! X

*EB*

Gold Member
i think anything from 0.5 - 2lbs is 'normal' if you stick to plan.

Some people lose LOADS more, but that can be for a variety of reasons - they may have more to lose, so lose quicker, they might have gained the week before or only lost a small amount the week before. They may have been exercising all the week, they may have eaten a million speedy foods blah blah blah!

Dont be dissapointed in losing 0.5lbs - its a loss!!!! Well done xxx

rafmrs

It may take your body a few weeks to settle into the eating plan, keep going and have a look at your overall weightloss over the month, you will probably be surprised.

lardylady

Gold Member
S: 18st12lb C: 10st2lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 22.2 Loss: 8st10lb(46.21%)
That's not uncommon. Some people lose very little the first week and then lose quite a lot more in the second week. In my first week I lost 2lb and then lost 5lb in the following week. A woman who goes to our group lost 8lb in the first week, but stayed the same for weeks 2 and 3!

*EB*

Gold Member
oh i also notice you did the Cambridge Diet last week - so jumping/switching to SW it may take a few weeks for your metabolism to know whats going on.

changing from a VLCD to SW a lot of people gain weight - so to have lost weight is very good.

bubblensqueak

Loves Slimming world!!
S: 18st5.5lb C: 16st8lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 35.3 Loss: 1st11.5lb(9.9%)
Also some people in my group think there bodies work a week in arrears as they lost very little 1st week but had bigger losses the 2nd week!

L0ckerz

Ellebear said:
oh i also notice you did the Cambridge Diet last week - so jumping/switching to SW it may take a few weeks for your metabolism to know whats going on.

changing from a VLCD to SW a lot of people gain weight - so to have lost weight is very good.

Yes did Cambridge for 5days ... Not for me at all!!! It was the worst 5 days of my life ... Finished Cambridge on the Sunday started SW on the Tuesday plus I'm due on tomorrow (sorry if to much information lol) so I thought that maybe that could have affected it... 0.5 Dissapointing non the less when you've stuck to somethin 100% lol xxx

L0ckerz

bubblensqueak said:
Also some people in my group think there bodies work a week in arrears as they lost very little 1st week but had bigger losses the 2nd week!

I hope so lol !! X

*EB*

Gold Member
I am sure its down to the swap between Cambridge and SW - your body had no food for 5 days - then it gets given food again - i think its entitled to hold onto fat for a little bit!

Give it a month as well before you evaluate its work - i think SW results over a month are much more realistic than a weeks worth.

L0ckerz

Ellebear said:
I am sure its down to the swap between Cambridge and SW - your body had no food for 5 days - then it gets given food again - i think its entitled to hold onto fat for a little bit!

Give it a month as well before you evaluate its work - i think SW results over a month are much more realistic than a weeks worth.

Thanks Ellebear you've made me feel much better about it xx