Averaging only 2lb per week

Comet

Hi all!!! I’ve been doing exante for 4 weeks now and being a first timer on vlcds I’m quite happy with my results, but reading on here people are averaging 3-4lb loss or more a week but I’m only loosing 2lbs per week is this normal? First week I lost a whooping 12lbs but week 2,3,4 2lb per week. Anyone else like this or just me
Overall loss 19lbs in 4 weeks ☺️✌🏻

I think this is normal to be honest: a large loss at the beginning (12lb is amazing - congratulations) followed by a steady but much lower rate moving forwards. I've just re-started but (after first week) I usually lose between 2 and 4lb, but definitely no more than that (and far more often 2 than 4).

I know it can be a bit disheartening because you feel like you want to lose the weight as quickly as possible but even VLCDs don't work like that. They show measurable and encouraging losses (which is why I prefer them to other types of diets) but they're not a miracle pill.

The other thing I sort of tell myself is that weight loss isn't a race. While it's really helpful to be able to see other people's successes, everyone's body is different and so you can't really compare yourself to what is going on with someone else, or let yourself get frustrated because you don't work the same way. These things take as long as they do and it's better, if you can, to settle into that. After all, you're here for the long haul, right?

Another way of looking at it is that even at this rate you'll still lose about half a stone a month. Which means in six months time you could be THREE STONE lighter. That's a huge amazing fantastic difference. So I'd say, don't worry and stick with it. And you've still lost 19lb in a month. That's really, really good. *cheers for you*

All of which said (sorry, I'm super long-winded today apparently): have you done any cheating, because it really does make a difference. What are you drinking? Exante allows coke zero and similar, I think, but I tend to cut out all that stuff. Are you getting enough water? That, too, can have an impact (for whatever reason). Finally, while you shouldn't exercise on a VLCD because you're already on a ludicrously low amount of calories, I think some gentle walking can also be good.

According to your own figures, you have actually averaged 4.5lbs per week.

Keep the water up, add some gentle exercise if you want.
But to be honest, you're doing well, and continuing to lose about a kilo every week.
So don't sweat it.

Thank you guys, I’m only having shakes and mix it up with the occasional bar some days and drinking a minimum of 3ltrs but as everyone has said a loss is a loss and I’m happy doing exam te and actually enjoying it 🙈 not a tea coffee or fizzy drinker so just 100% exante but definitely need to start on the walking again as haven’t had much time this past week
Thanks again for your pearls x

I was very hungry today (I’m on total solution) probably because I’m still running 3x a week, and I accidentally drank Diet Coke before I realised it wasn’t allowed, so i might not be in Ketosis, but yeah I was starving so I had 4 products instead of 3 today, do you think this will impact my chance of getting into Ketosis?

Maybe not, basically I bought a gorgeous dress in a smaller size back in January for a friends wedding in June, I’ve since followed slimming world and achieved some modest weight losses and then also been able to train for a charity 10K, anyway the wedding is in 3 weeks and although the dress zips it’s very tight so I thought switching to exante for 3-4 weeks would get me a quick loss or jumpstart into this dress.
Maybe what I need is a new dress 💔💔💔😔 which is a big shame because I’ve ordered £60 of products

On a side note, I weighed in this morning after a week (including Diet Coke and an extra product on one day) and I think I’ve lost 7lbs this week and I’m in a new stone bracket I haven’t seen since last year so I’m really keen to keep with this, it seems great except the late night hunger

Hi all!!! I’ve been doing exante for 4 weeks now and being a first timer on vlcds I’m quite happy with my results, but reading on here people are averaging 3-4lb loss or more a week but I’m only loosing 2lbs per week is this normal? First week I lost a whooping 12lbs but week 2,3,4 2lb per week. Anyone else like this or just me
Overall loss 19lbs in 4 weeks ☺️✌🏻

Great result! 19lbs in 4 weeks wow! Thats amazing i hope i can do even 14lbs in 4 weeks

Hi - I do four packs a day and I still get into ketosis. It's one of their plans, so it shouldn't be a problem.

In one of my early weeks, I also had a couple of days with snacks too (exante snacks) and it still didn't put me off.

Back