Avoiding gains during your monthlies - is it possible? And how do you do it?

x_Champagne_Supernova_x

The Prodigal Daughter
Hey, fellow SlimmingWorldlings.

Okay so imagine this; You begin SW, and things are going great, you're finally losing weight and are properly proud of yourself. Then one fateful week - BAM!!! Aunt Flow attacks and leaves you without a loss, or even a gain! Discouraging, isn't it?

Does going the "extra-mile" work, or would it be a total waste of time?

Anyway i made this thread hoping to find ideas on how to avoid period gains and maybe even keep the losses going during the week. I have a few ideas of what could work but never tried them...

-777 Week
-Success Express Week
-Mix to Max week
-No Carbs week
-Burn an extra 3500 Calories per week
-Take a water tablet
-More superspeed foods

Not sure if any of these work as i haven't yet tried them but im aiming to burn 500 Calorie's before my WI on thursday.
Does anyone else have a plan to avoid gaining?

My number one advice would be to see it as an abnormally affected result and don't be upset by it. You can't help being a girl and as long as you stick to plan throughout the gain will be minimized and the results will show themselves the following week.

No need to take special measures, just relax. You are stuck with the periods until such time as you hit menopause, so there will ALWAYS be a week where the scales dont seem to like you much. Keep rational about it, and see beyond it.

Got to agree with the above - any gain at that time isn't usually a real weight gain (unless the chocolate cravings get the better of you!). Its just water retention and will surely go the following week x

always average your losses over a longer period than 4 weeks, the more 'bigger picture' you look at things, the better you can feel about the weeks when your period makes you retain water or 'over snack'

x

Every other time, I have either lost or had a small gain...this time I put 2.5lb on in 3 days even though I have stuck to sw and not gone over syns. Not amused cos it stopped me reaching my mini goal, but I'm not gonna dwell on it, I'll just grumble about not wanting stupid monthlies anyway.

It's just water, you're not "putting on weight" at all, so no, theres nothing you can do about it. It will be gone again after your period.

If you think you're doing something like: lose, lose, lose, STS - lose, lose, lose STS - lose, lose, lose, STS - in a monthly cycle like that (rather than losing in week 1 what you put on in week 4) then you're mistaken. Instead, you need to understand it as losing eg 6 pounds in a month at something like 3, 0, 1, 2 or whatever, when "underneath" (ignoring the excess water) it's more like 1.5, 1.5, 1.5, 1.5. (Obviously nothing in life's that regular or predictable but you get the idea :) )

It's all water, not fat, and its not cumulative, youre only ever the *same* few pounds "heavier" once a month.

Thanks for the replies. I'm being way too obsessive. I even went out and bought waterfall tablets - i wish i was able to handle the slightest gain without going into severe depression! Completely cheered up though, after measuring my body fat. It's gone down since i last checked - and last time i checked was about a month ago when i was the weight i am now. So relieved!!

I'm a fan of 'magic soup' celery, green beans, cabbage, anything else you want to put in, I find it helps with the bloating and fluid retention, however, completely agree with all above too xx

Back