Avoiding weight gain...!

monkey30

Determined and motivated!
hi guys, i am really intrigued to hear from any maintainers on this forum who have kept all their weight off, for how long, how did you do it and can you share any tips for lasting weight maintenance? I'm just worried this may be a flash in the pan weight loss... All advice welcomed and appreciated x x

As long as you follow the refeed sheet, you shouldnt have a gain and then just follow a sensible eating plan.

I maintained for about 9 months, but only gained when I gave up smoking for 4 months, but if I hadnt tried to stop smoking, I imagine I would still be maintaining.

Have a look back at the beginning of my pages and you can see what I was eating in the beginning, hope it helps.

http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-maintenance/84589-back-lt.html

I too have maintained, but have given up smoking, so am trying to lose that weight now. You just need to stick to the refeed sheets, and then keep an eye on fats, portion sizes and carbs x x

I'm in week 43 of Maintenance and wouldn't pretend that I have it 'cracked' by any means.
Maintenance is the hardest part imho. I don't yet think like a thin person. In a way I suppose I'm still yoyo-ing but now it's about a few lbs rather than several stones. The best person to give advice about maintenance imo is KD. If you find a post by her she has links in her signature to previous posts she has made about this subject - well worth a read.
If you're interested - all of my diaries for the last 42 weeks are on here warts and all.

You're doing brilliantly, keep up the good work and best of luck when you do get to maintenance. xx

I have been maintaining for nearly a year, I have put a few pounds on at christmas, but was careful and it came back off, put a few pounds on at easter, but it's now back off. I am just more strict, and wont allow myself to go over 7 pounds before doing something about it. Good luck. x

Have started to trawl through this postings now for info. Haven't yet found what would be a good level of carb/fat/calorie intake per day on maintenance....I'll keep looking.

Lisa x

Monkey - read through Jan and Mary diaries. They are awesome :D

Lisa there isnt a reccomended standard daily fat/carb/calorie intake, enless you wana take the guidlines set by health authorties.

Its all about the individual. You have to find the balance yourself and only your body will be able to tell you that :) Maintainence isnt easy. It's trial and error :)

Still, one thing i would say, get the 5 a day down ya - thats always a good thing! :)

You won't find any totals of calories/carbs or anything in any of my diaries Lisa. I only look at the cals & stuff in something for a bit of guidance if it's something I'm not familiar with.

I didn't want to get into the habit of counting everything as I knew in the longrun it would be counterproductive (for ME - I'm not saying it shouldn't be done - everyone has to find their own way through!)

I just followed the refeed sheet to the absolute letter and then more or less stayed within the spirit of it ie. healthy eating, introducing my favourite things back (like alcohol etc) now and then. As time's gone on that's got a bit out of hand from time to time which is when I cut back and return to basics for a while.... HaHa - that sounds really easy and straightforward doesn't it? And truth it it is - it's the brain stuff that interferes and sends us off course sometimes :):)

Anyway I ramble - as Tanya says we all have to find our own balance in our own way. Counting stuff wouldn't work for me - not to maintain, though I wouldn't rule it out in order to lose if it wasn't coming off.

Best of luck anyway xx

At the beginning of my diary, I counted calories, not because I really wanted to calorie count, but it was just to give me an idea of how much I was eating and to control the portion sizes.

At the beginning of my diary, I counted calories, not because I really wanted to calorie count, but it was just to give me an idea of how much I was eating and to control the portion sizes.

I saw that in your diary Mary.
DO you have an idea of how many calories a day you now eat?
x

I had a gain because I stopped smoking, so I was back on TFR for a few weeks, but re-feeding now for a holiday.

I was managing to maintain the weight nicely by eating around 1500 calories a day, but I dont do too much exercise, obviously I could have had more if I did more exercise.

I tended to have 4 really good sensible days when I was in work, then on my 4 days off, I pushed the boat out a little and had things that I wouldnt eat every day.

Its just finding what is right for you. It takes a bit of practise, just go week by week and see what works best for you.

Hi thanks that has helped a bit. I haven't been one for diets at all in the past and LT is the only one I've done because what works for me is the not thinking about food/dieting - just losing the weight has been the main focus.

However, I have now been looking at 'maintenance' as if it is completely essential to keeping the weight off. I have been looking at the calorific (sounds like horrific doesn't it!!) values of foods when shopping for my teenage son and then checking the carbs - but to be honest I don't know what is high and what is not.

My thoughts were that once I do a refeed I would then introduce a healthy eating plan with smaller portions and that would be fine - or is 'maintenance' a necessity?

Lisa x

Healthy eating plan is your maintainence. The maintenence products are just there to help.

Thanks Summergurl, I was just about to ask if everyone on here when talking about 'maintaining' was actually using the maintenance products continually to do so...

Lisa x

Following on from the questions from LipoLisa, did the people on here who have done the refeed use the LT maintenance products during the refeed week, or just continue with teh LT shakes?
Also, how many refeed weeks did most people do?
Thanks in advance KTx

I've used both, last time on LT is bought a weeks supply of Lipotrim shakes off the pharmacist and spread them out over a few weeks, he also gave me some free samples of the maintenance products to try. This time round I bought 10 chocolate shakes off the pharmacist to start me on refeed as I already had some maintenance products left over from before. So from that it means you can use either of the Lipotrim products.

Thanks Summergurl, I was just about to ask if everyone on here when talking about 'maintaining' was actually using the maintenance products continually to do so...

Lisa x

Nah, maintainence is about finding the right balance for your body of calories/carbs/fat etc in order for you to maintain the weight you finish at. Its not easy i can tell ya that much, infact personally i think its the hardest thing ive ever had to do but that is just me.

Maintainence products can be used before meals to help 'fill you up' or can be used instead of a meal (i do believe) but they are they if you need them.

Following on from the questions from LipoLisa, did the people on here who have done the refeed use the LT maintenance products during the refeed week, or just continue with teh LT shakes?
Also, how many refeed weeks did most people do?
Thanks in advance KTx

I used TFR shakes but also had the maintainence caramel bars. Never brought any but had the free ones that i managed to send to different family and friends houses :giggle:

I used a mixture of the diet products and the maintenance ones. I refed for 2 weeks and carried on using the maintenance bars now and then for a little while until I was confident enough that I would be able to find something on any menu in any cafe anytime. Only then did I stop carrying a maintenance bar around with me :) xx

Back