Aw.

FionaMcd

Gold Member
Just put a picture of myself as profile here when my daughter was 6ish months old can't believe how big I got. My problems started when I went on the depo jab (it's pure evil!!!) and then my thyroid packed up and by a miracle I fell pregnant after 4 years of trying and I put on about 4-5 stones. Oh dear!! Well I'm done playing about am gonna really focus and lose this blasted 3 stone that is bugging me x

Every contraception has made me balloon, I've tried 4 different pills and the depo injection, all give me a massive appetite, really wish I could find out which doesn't! Good luck on your weight loss journey :)

I'd love to get the coil but I've heard of so many people ballooning with fluid etc there's no way I'd chance getting it in, I'm on microgynon and it's been good to me so far!

Good luck on your weightless journey. I've got he Mirena coil (my 3rd) as I can't used any pills and they won't give me depo or the implant due to severe migraines in the past. I've not had any issues with bloating, and rarely bleed - bonus!

I've also got a Mirena coil and it's the best decision I ever made! On the pill I was getting 3 migraines a week and ended up on beta blockers - nightmare! I don't have a problem with fluid retention or weight gain or anything and I haven't had a period in 3 years. Amazing! I'm heavier now than when I had it fitted, but that's because of WAY too much nice food and red wine and totally my own fault! lol.

The depo jag was same with me ( i had 2 injections) and put about 2 stone on and have struggled ever since to get the weight back off. Now i have 2 gorgeous children i have the implant in and that seems to be working for me. Good luck with your journey xx

I'm on cerazette pill and yeah in the 2 years I've been on it I did put a couple of stone on and got to my heaviest but not cos of the pill, cos of myself and my greediness lol now I've got myself on slimming world I'm losing every week so its not affecting anything.

I've known people put on weight with the injection, does it increase your appetite? And also know 3 people with the implant who have put on weight aswell. Dunno if its anything to do with implant but one of them has been skinny all her life and even after she had her daughter she was one of the lucky ones that pinged back to a size 8 lol so she's maybe due a bit of weight gain lol!

The depo was just awful I was walking 4 miles a day 5 days a week my eating was healthy yet the weight just kept piling on. :(

It's the worst nobody told me depo can make your bones weak too :( it totally mucked up my body. Waited 4 years for my baby girl!! X

I put on weight when I had the implant in, stopped smoking around the same time and it piled on! Had it in for the full three years and dropped 1/2 stone without even trying when it came out! It also made me emotionally unstable and generally crazy but that's another story :/

It's good not to be bothering with fake hormones right now to be honest, it seems that they do nothing but mess me around. Can't help but wonder how long it affects you after you stop them as well, especially now I'm TTC.

jezzi999 said:
The implant stops working as soon as it comes out. I've had quite a few patients fall pregnant extremely fast after it comes out.

Wish I was one of them! Then again I do have the weight problem against me too... Ah well, that's why I'm here, just need to work extra hard to get it shifted :)

FionaMcd said:
I'm ttc at the moment too and that's been since November. :( lets just hope for next month. X

Me too - that's when the implant came out anyway. I guess all we can do is hope eh? I hope you have good luck xxx

missy1978 said:
Me too - that's when the implant came out anyway. I guess all we can do is hope eh? I hope you have good luck xxx

You too. Are you trying for your first? We have a daughter who is now 19 months and wanted children close together but I guess it's not to be anyway gives me a chance to drop more weight that I gained with imi x

FionaMcd said:
You too. Are you trying for your first? We have a daughter who is now 19 months and wanted children close together but I guess it's not to be anyway gives me a chance to drop more weight that I gained with imi x

Thank you x Yes, trying for our first and hoping that it'll be sooner rather than later! I think I'm probably scuppered though until I get some more weight shifted :/

All the best luck even if you fall pregnant tomorrow at least slimming world is good healthy eating during pregnancy x

Im on depo and my weight was the Same as it was when i was not on depo (high) ive managed to lose weight and stay full with sw while on the Depo injection so it can be done

missy1978 said:
I put on weight when I had the implant in, stopped smoking around the same time and it piled on! Had it in for the full three years and dropped 1/2 stone without even trying when it came out! It also made me emotionally unstable and generally crazy but that's another story :/

It's good not to be bothering with fake hormones right now to be honest, it seems that they do nothing but mess me around. Can't help but wonder how long it affects you after you stop them as well, especially now I'm TTC.

It took me 2 yrs to concieve after Depo

I managed to lose a little bit of weight on depo but was very hard but that could be cause my thyroid was not working and gp decided I shouldn't have medication???? But it took 4 heart wrenching years to fall pregnant but we got there in the end :) x

Back