Smart Points Losing weight for Summer 2017 xx

A few pics from today x

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

So happy to say that I've manage to STS- while on holiday- I'm chilling out today and going be back on it tomorrow.

I think all the walking really helped to keep off those pounds, I actually forgot the distances between the parks. We got back late last night, the journey was so quick just walked off the Eurostar no customs it was empty we were the only people there.
Our first 2 days was spent in Paris, our hotel was lovely really nice and 2 joining rooms so plenty space. We visited the louve on our first day and then afterwards we could see the Eiffel Tower, or lit up which was so beautiful which looked so closed by so we decided to walk there, we must of been walking over 2 hours passed the rivers and over bridges it was a lovely walk. We did start to think we were never going get there and the girls were so shattered so we manage to find a cab and we were like a road away so Chris insisted we stop of there to have a look and the cab waited while we got out I was about to get the girls out and said no just leave them there for a second and thats when he proposed the rest is a blur to be honest. Loads of people congratulating us etc and Chris got me some roses. The Eiffel Tower was huge and looks stunning when its lit up.
We went back to the hotel in the cab and got some food in as we hardly had time to eat, then me and Emily used out to look for shop for candles for Chris cake we managed to find a shop that had no idea what we were on about but eventually we spotted a pack candles so went back and had birthday cake and ordered some drinks from the bar.
Our second day we did sight seeing on one those tour buses which was fab the girls loved it and shopping, even in Paris I shop in HM! In the evening we went to Notre Dame ad lit candles for loved ones that are no longer here.
Then Sunday morning we grabbed a train to Disney -the girls were so excited when we arrived xx

That sounds like such a lovely, romantic proposal. Are the girls excited?
It sounds as if you've had an amazing holiday and the girls look like they have had a lot of fun x

It was romantic, the girls weren't fussed lol
It was actually my best holiday and I wasn't really looking forward to it so strange how these things happen. Can't wait to plan the next holiday now x
How did you find Disney? It was fun but mega busy next time I rather go during Christmas season. Halloween night the Disney village was mental with the amount of people but a lovely atmosphere xx

We didn't find Disney too busy thankfully. When we arrived on the Monday the queues were only about 20 minutes. We managed to do loads of rides, it gradually got busier as the week went on but we didn't wait longer than 45 minutes for anything. Apparently, Halloween is the busiest time of the year and it was a bank holiday in France on Tuesday which wouldn't have helped.
Disney at Xmas is my favourite time of year.
X

It was pretty busy did expect it be with Halloween, next time I think we go mid week and during Christmas time. It sound like you went at great time.
The places we ate in at Disney were cafe Micky (Halloween night) that meal came to over 200 euro's but it's such a lovely experience !! Billy Joes which we used our meal vochours, and another restaurant in the village which was also lovely.
I've got loads of pics to upload.

We thinking of getting married abroad but still would like to move before we make any proper plans so any advice or tips/ideas on wedding etc would be great as never saw myself getting married x

Last edited:
We ate in cafe Mickey too. The girls loved it and thankfully it was covered by our meal vouchers. I couldn't believe how expensive food would have been if we'd had to pay. Our favourite meal was chez remey. Fab theming and fab food.

We got married in the Dominican Republic and it was amazing. We were going to do it here but realised half of the guest list was family members we saw twice a year. 30 friends and family came, it was intimate and nice to spend quality time together without it getting us into masses of debt. We went for 3 weeks, upgraded everything we could including flights and our hotel suite which had a second floor with jacuzzi. In total it came to less than £8000 x

We actually used the vouchers for Cafe Micky but the difference was 100 euros, so they did help. Also did you get the tea time treat ones, they helped too. We also got better rate for euro's when we using atm machines out there than postoffice etc. Chez remey looked fab but I have a bit of phobia of rats lol. The other place we went to was King Ludwig castle - the food was fab and for all of us it was 80 euros and we did have a few drinks there and sides etc.

Your wedding sounds amazing and great for the money- what great memories you must have if your special day. Are you expected to pay for guests travel? That's around how much we would like to pay I know it probably cost much more now x

Last edited:
We used a Revolut card when we were there so we got a pretty good exchange rate. I've never used a prepaid card before but it was great and I could use the hotel wifi to top up from our bank if we were running low.
Haha, to not being able to eat in chez remey, all of the food for the girls came out with rat decorations so maybe not the best place for you.
€80 for all of you was good. I don't think we had a meal that came to less than €120 for the 4 of us but we had all sit down meals as that's what was covered. Blue lagoon was also really nice and the girls loved watching the pirates of the carribean ride from the table.

We didn't pay for anybody to come to the wedding. We told everybody that we were getting married there and it was up to them if they wanted to be there. We were going to pay for parents to come but they wouldn't let us.
My brother got married in Cyprus and paid for close family to go.
Eds brother got married in Florida and we paid for ourselves to go.
X

I enjoyed the free wifi prepaid cards sounds fab x My 80 euro meal was a bargain then, we didn't buy meals for Evie as she just shared mine. Pirates of carribean was Emily's favourite ride we ate in the park a few times and that was pretty expensive but there's so many lovely places.

I think we do that offer to pay travel for very close family otherwise its going be ridiculously expensive but pay for accommodation and a meal the night before the Wedding.
Chris's friend recently got married in Cyprus and they paid for everything, we didn't go cos of the girls etc.
Friends keep asking about setting a date they have no idea we planning to go abroad, I think they are expecting us to have a small wedding here xx

Last edited:
It does sound perfect! We've never wanted the traditional type wedding just something that's special to us we would be happy if it's just us the girls and a couple close friends and in laws.
OH wants a beach wedding, I like the idea of a winter wedding.
Today I will likely be a day off plan got lots to do - housework, find a wedding gift as a family got married last week and haven't had time to pop round to see them and tonight we going to fun fair and fireworks with friends x

We got married in December and I love our anniversary as it's such a nice time of year.
Your day sound lovely and I hope you enjoy the fireworks and fair.
Mia is petrified of fireworks so we won't be doing anything which is a shame as I love bonfire night. X

We've not been in years, normally watch from our window. It was so cold last night it was still a nice night out, I wasn't sure how Hollie would react either as she doesn't normally like funfairs, lights noises and busy places but she coped well didn't go on any rides but she seemed to enjoyed herself.

Maisie went on one of those big swing rides and Chris was crying so worried about her but she loved it- no fear with that one. The rides were expensive though-4 quid!
Afterwards we came back to ours for Indian and wine - so not a great food day!

I actually would love to get married in December I think it's such a lovely time of year and such good time to celebrate each anniversaries - we definitely won't be getting married this December though- probably be 2018!

£4 a ride soon adds up! Wow, Maisie did really well going on that ride, I'm not sure I'd go it.
Yesterday sounds like a good day and I'm sure the Indian hasn't done too much damage.
A 2018 wedding would be lovely and give you time to plan what you want.
X

I would be too scared to go on it too!

We still saving to move so would like to be settle first before we start wedding planning and the most obvious don't want to be a chubby bride :)
Today I'm staying in got a few bits to do when Evie has a nap, got charity coming tomorrow for collection- so want to add a few more bits to the many bags we donating.

I think I should go back to weight watchers this week and get back to tracking properly, need to do food shopping tomorrow lots of veg as planning to bulk up meals with veg and cut back on sugary treats x

Today as definitely been a full on chocolate day, the cold weather hasn't helped and also an internet shopping day!

So finally just ordered a new bed for myself, I been putting off buying furniture till we move but our current bed is so uncomfortable. Going pop to Next tomorrow and get some brand new bedding.
Also started my Xmas shopping ordered a few things for Hollie and Evie from Argos as its 3for2 x

An internet shopping day sounds fun. What's the bed like?
I meant to have a look at what Argos had on offer for the girls. What did you buy?
Will you go back to your regular ww group?
X

I thought I better start buying for the girls at least- I ordered Hollie a Trolls music box, Sophia's castle/house and Evie Paw patrol weebles toy. I really don't know what to get them this year it feels like our house is filled with toys!

We went for one of these beds - the bed we have is one of those leather bed frames and the slates keep popping out- at least with wooden beds the slates are a bit better made.
image.jpeg

Back