B210K....Jogging on.....

Denise140

Now 40% less fat !
Well WK1D1 done! :D

OK I was in my lounge and jogging on the spot, which is not quite as demanding as being outside but I managed the four 10 minute runs without a problem.

I'll repeat week 1 outside when the weather improves but for now the Wii Fit free jog will have to do.

And tomorrow.......Zumba!

He he

xx

Ooooh Zumba ! Lol!

That was harder than it looked! Thought I'd give it a try this p.m. as I was a bit concerned that it might not be a good enough workout for my 'non-running' days.

I needn't have worried! Phew! I'm pooped

Dx

Best of luck with it Denise. Hopefully I'll be joining you in a couple of weeks!

Back to running outside!

Had to sacrifice my Wii-fit time this morning to help my daughter out. She's really struggling to cope with my grandson as she has a dreadful cold.....so Nanny to the rescue. Driving him to nursery however, I noted that it was 1 degree C and there were clear pavements! So it was straight back home, on with the leggings and out!

I was right to be apprehensive about a long outdoor run after such a long break from my schedule. Much more physically demanding than the Wii-fit jogging on the spot (no hills in my living room! Lol) but easier from a mental pointof view.
I sort of did it so, combining today's session and yesterday's I'm counting Wk1d1 as done. Day 2 on Thursday and hopefully a swim tomorrow afternoon - back in the swing!

Next time I'm gonna run BEFORE my porridge though!

Dx

ah you can do it dee! :D x

FINALLY! A chance to update this diary!

I've just got back from my fifth week1 work out

WK1D1 was indoors on the Wii fit free jog - a start but nowhere near as demanding as running outside! Definitely the soft option.

WK1D2 was outside and frought with technical problems - kept accidentally pausing the app and having t stop to sort it out so I sort of did it.

WK1D3 was aborted part way through the final 10 minute run - my heart just wasn't in it!

WK1D4 I struggled but did it so moved my ticker to 3 but resolved to repeat the week because I found it sooo tough.

WK1D5 (today) was much better. I tweaked my route slightly so the final 10 minute run was going towards home rather than having torun past my house ad then turn around after 5 mins and run back uphill! This made a huge psychological difference, as did making the most of the the 1 minute walks. I left the music paused (for some reason the app pauses my playlist every time there's a prompt to run or walk) and just focussed on my breathing and telling myself that I COULD do this. The 60 seconds seemed to last much longer that way than when I just walked along dreading the "run now" command and asking myself why, having gotten used to running for 30 mins, 10 mins seemed soooooo long!

So.....WK1D6 on Saturday and then I'll step up to the 3x15 min runs on Tuesday - wish me luck!

Dx

As my Nan would say, " middling" Dee!

A mental battle as much as anything. I'm bobbling around the 11st 8 mark which is fine in one way because I am maintaining but on the other hand I'm worried because I'm doing a lot of exercise and so you'd think that on 1400 calories I should be losing, albeit gradually. So whilst I don't need to lose any more I'm scared that I'm going have to be 'dieting' to maintain which I don't want to do.

I just need patience I think but I seem to have been behind the door when that was given out! Lol

Not getting enough time to post on my diary either pah! I think that would help me so I'm going to MAKE some time each evening like I did when I was on TFR.

Onwards and (just a little bit more) inwards!

When are you going to start the B210K?

Dx

Ooooh I'm a bit scared of starting it lol....

Awww it will settle down hun... Do you re-feed off Cambridge or is it completely different Denise!!??

X

Ooooh I'm a bit scared of starting it lol....

Awww it will settle down hun... Do you re-feed off Cambridge or is it completely different Denise!!??

X

Hope you don't mind me asking but.......what are you scared of?

I probably wouldn't recommend it if you're on TFR because it is quite a bit of extra running over the course of a week's training, even in the early days. I promised myself that I'd wait until I got to at least step 4 (1200 calories) before I started and even so, I'm wondering if it's the extra exercise that's stalled my weightloss.

The Cambridge version of the re-feed is a 'stabilisation' programme; you gradually step up your calorie intake 800(TFR)-810-1000-1200- 1500 and gradually reduce your meal replacements (down to 2 on step 3 and down to 1 on step 5). Protein comes in at step 2 and you can have carbs from step 3 but low GI is recommended. The idea is that you stay on each step until your weight stabilises and then move up.

Fingers crossed that I start to see a downward trend again soon then I can step up to 1500 calories.

Hope Slim&Save works for you hun - it sounds great I must admit.

Dx

Ooooh i may work on speeding up my 5k then for the minute and then when i come off Slim and Save (6 weeks) Then try it then!!!!

Ooooh Cambridge all sounds very complicated.... I think SLim and save has a kind of re-feed.... Not looked into it properly yet!! Naughty me!!! X

Ooooh i may work on speeding up my 5k then for the minute and then when i come off Slim and Save (6 weeks) Then try it then!!!!

Ooooh Cambridge all sounds very complicated.... I think SLim and save has a kind of re-feed.... Not looked into it properly yet!! Naughty me!!! X

I think I made it sound more complicated than it is Lol!

6 weeks eh? Hopefully I'll have discovered all the pitfalls by then - will keep you posted. I don't think I'm ever going be very fast at this running lark - 40 mins running and 4 mins walking only gets me 4.8K according to my pedometer.......unless I've programmed it wrongly!

I would have thought the principles of any refeed after a VCLD are much the same so you'll probably have to do pretty much the same as you did before.

Dx

I think its similar to LT.... I'm excited to get stuck in now... the time is right for me....

So I'm going to enjoy my weekend away!! Face the music (And no doubt gain!!!) Lol... Thne get right back at it!!!

Cant wait to get the last of this weight off!!! Yippeeee!!!

Taking a breather....

Just thought I'd better update this diary.

I'm running 4 x 10 mins, 3 times each week now (i.e. the week one workout) and, whilst I'm doing it comfortably now, I'm not going to extend to the 3x15 minute session just yet as my weight has taken a while to stabilise at the higher intake and I don't want to change too much at once.

So I'm giving the old bod a chance to get used to 1200 - 1400 cals per day. I am losing again after a really frustrating period of STS and, horror of horrors, GAINING!

Once I get back below 11.5 stone I plan to step up the running again and the calories too!

How's everyone else doing?

Dx

Well done Denise. 40 mins of running is great. I havent started B210k yet. I got new runners that I wanted to break in first & I've got a v busy week this week so I'm thinking I'll either start next week or the week after. I've been keeping up my 5k runs anyway so still enjoying them. I don't know if I like the idea of going back to walking & running!

Well done Denise. 40 mins of running is great. I havent started B210k yet. I got new runners that I wanted to break in first & I've got a v busy week this week so I'm thinking I'll either start next week or the week after. I've been keeping up my 5k runs anyway so still enjoying them. I don't know if I like the idea of going back to walking & running!

I know what you mean, I really felt that it was a backward step.
As I expected, it was harder to run for 3 lots of 10 minutes with walking breaks in between than to run for 30! But, I reasoned that, as with the C25K the plan has been written by those in the know so I stuck with it. It's surprising how hard those extra 10 minutes are!

When you do start it, my advice is to really focus on your breathing during your 60 second walks; you probably won't feel breathless but I think you need that focus from a mental/motivation point of view.

Good luck!

I'm running 4 x 10 mins, 3 times each week now (i.e. the week one workout) and, whilst I'm doing it comfortably now, I'm not going to extend to the 3x15 minute session just yet as my weight has taken a while to stabilise at the higher intake and I don't want to change too much at once.

So I'm giving the old bod a chance to get used to 1200 - 1400 cals per day. I am losing again after a really frustrating period of STS and, horror of horrors, GAINING!

Once I get back below 11.5 stone I plan to step up the running again and the calories too!

Dx
I think I'm going to step up to this..... four ten min runs... Just getting a bit bored... will give me something to focus on!!!

Again my inspiration.... Thank you!!!! X

Dx

Well......I've been below 11.5 stone twice since posted that!
My weight really varies from day to day, which has taken a bit of getting used to. I guess there's more of a contribution from the water that's bound to glycogen because I'm eating carbs.

So....I'm learning not to panic with the variations and have resolved to let my weight drift down to my lower limit 11st 4 before I move up to the 3x15 minute runs.

4x10 mins is very comfortable for me now and I've got a lovely little route which takes me on a figure of eight on a mixture of Tarmac and woodland trail. I hit the woods about a third of the way through the third run which is great as the change of scene and a gentle downhill gradient gives me a boost.

Have you started yet Dee?

Dx

Back