Baby shower gifts?

Ally89

Gold Member
I've been invited to a baby shower by one of my old school friends. Well I've never been to a baby shower, being the anti social type, I even had to google what a baby shower even WAS.

So after advancing my knowledge of baby showers...what do I buy? Do I buy for just baby? Or for mum too? And what do I get the baby (not having kids myself I know as much about baby stuff as I do about cars (and thats the very basics :p))

Also they are going to be having a bbq and I have been asked if I want anything specific, any suggestions for a SW friendly bbq? Obv's I know, steak, chicken, baked spuds etc...but anything else I can request to be shoved on the bbq

Last edited:
A friend/colleague recently left to have her beautiful baby boy, and we got her some lovely gifts. I know it was bit different to a baby shower, but we went for a meal on her last day of work and presented her with some gorgeous flowers.

Once baby was born, we went out and bought a gorgeous little outfit for him, along with some bibs (I hear you can never have enough of those!), and a voucher for Boots. The Boots voucher being particularly handy as she could use it on anything she liked - nappies, etc. for the baby, or a little something for herself.

With regards to the BBQ; I love corn on the cob done on a BBQ. Also, could you take stuff with you? If so, I'd make up a really quick (and FREE) coleslaw and take that along with me - it's just grated cabbage, grated carrot and sliced onion with fat free natural fromage frais and a bit of quark. Also, veggie skewers to make sure you're getting your 1/3rd SuperFree (asuming you do EE). Just chop up a load of onion, peppers, mushrooms and pop them onto skewers along with cherry tomatoes - gorgeous roasted on a BBQ!

Personally I like to buy a pamper gift for mum, babies get far too much, all first size and mostly unworn!
However a baby sock bouquet looks lovely! You can also get away with lots of different sizes to fit them at different stages!

you could get a pamper set for mum... my baby shower i got one, a mummy keyring an chocolate lol...

what i found nice was baby outfit but bigger size, 0-3month or even 3-6months, that helped alot. x

Back