Babybell original

shell09

Silver Member
Hi all does anybody know how many of these are aloud in induction and OWL?

Thanks in advance

One babybel appears to be 20g. We're recommended not more than 90g cheese daily in induction so that would be 4.5

Aha thankyou :) that's cool coz I love these things!!

Anybody know how many on OWL

I do have the book but am at thx point of reading n reading it n going in one ear out the other think I'm over thinking it

But one more question on the subject...... Cream..... Is that a seperate allowance to cheese or is it all out if the same like dairy allowance or us this an old slimming world brain kicking in :p

Thanks again!

Some people stall on dairy some dont. You need to experiment and see what works for you:)

Aha thankyou :) that's cool coz I love these things!!

Anybody know how many on OWL

I do have the book but am at thx point of reading n reading it n going in one ear out the other think I'm over thinking it

But one more question on the subject...... Cream..... Is that a seperate allowance to cheese or is it all out if the same like dairy allowance or us this an old slimming world brain kicking in :p

Thanks again!

As far as I know, the daily limit on cheese (4oz) doesn't change from Induction to OWL - and if you want to start adding in soft cheeses like cottage cheese or ricotta, these have to come from that allowance rather than counting separately.

Cream is separate from cheese. It does have carb content, so you still need to go pretty careful with it in OWL. I don't exceed the 3 tblspns per day Induction limit myself.

Hope that helps!:)

Ah that really dies help thanks! I won't exceed 3 tbl spoons either then I just wanted a white coffee :) so just normal full fat cream it is then. Right?

U can prob see I'm not too confident yet lol

^^^

Double cream has the least carbs - the rule of thumb is the higher the fat content of a dairy product, the lower the carbs - so that's what I have in my morning coffee. Single cream has a bit more carbohydrate (about 4g per 100g), but if you're only having a few teaspoons it wouldn't amount to much. I don't know if there's an appreciable difference in taste as I haven't used it myself.

I have to say, I found cream in coffee a bit odd to start with, but I soon got used to it!:D

Yeah, I found it weird at first too, but boy does it grow on you! Creamy coffee is the best. Can't say I'm that careful about sticking to a certain amount, but I do have to hold back. Cream could well be my downfall if I didn't police myself. I could practically drink the stuff. Sort of.

Interesting! Thanks for all the info guys il pick some double cream up in my shopping tomorrow n check the lables for lowest carb brand

Thanks again

Whipping cream? Is it in a squirty tin or tub like single n double cream?

I use unsweetened soya milk in my tea - practically no carbs.

Back