Back again - third time lucky?

Zingano

Hi all,

Here I am on my third stint of abstinence since losing 3.5 stone in spring 2009. Finishing LL the first time I did really well for 6 months, then it was the odd carb here and there, ending up with a vat of ice cream in the evening again and too much wine, and a stone to lose. I lost that stone last May in a month of abstinence, but came out and almost immediately was eating the kind of food I don't want to - chips, mash, desserts etc. Put on 6lb, then managed to maintain that until this winter, when my husband's and my company fell apart & we were faced with homelessness unless we get jobs asap. Ate the full stone on plus a bit, then decided I'm not letting this area of my life go too - I need the self esteem - so I was at my first meeting last night, back in abstinence today. It's cheaper than medicating with pub meals and curries!

This time I really want to understand why I eat like I do, and find a way to maintain, not keep putting this stone on and off. Anyone managed that the third time? Or am I doomed to always be a fat girl who looks like a thin girl for a bit...

Hiya I can really sympathaise with you xx I have been big overweight fat for all of my adult life been there done all the other clubs and LL is the only one that worked for me, I started in Sept fell off the wagon in Dec and restarted last week, I am struggling big time - finding it difficult to get back into ketosis juggling a new job also started last week, a new relationship - out for dinner/cinema trying to choose 'sensible'options I dont think I have lost anything this week :( will see when I go to class this week, I guess it is not about RE starting it is about continuing, but I want to learn what makes me tick too, why do I feel the need to eat because everyone else is?? grrrrr I get so angry !!
LOL sorry for the rant xxxx Hope things are going ok for you

Hi
im also on my 3rd time lucky stint...i have piled all the weight on (and more) that i lost 1st time round.....the 2nd time i only did it for a month.....i am utterly disgusted with myself, i have never been this heavy and i know its all my own fault for being so greedy. I started again eating in secret, for no apprent reason, yes im unhappy at work and in my relationship but looking back that was no reason to eat like there was going to be a famine. I kept eating and eating but i was doing exercise, obviously not enough.....i have banned any pictures that have been taken of me recently as i dont even recognise my bloated self.. i only fit into several pieces of clothes and refuse to buy any more especially as i have so many nice ones that i just cannot squeeze into....i have tried to just eat healthily and exercise but the weight does not budge, i got fed up with WW, losing 1, then gaining it back the next week, then staying the same the week after even though i knew that i stuck it and did not cheat i got back into the mindset of thinking stuff it, and basically i have had the i dont care attitude for the last year...when in actual fact i do...I can no longer keep this up and looking at myself and not being able to fit into any clothes has made me shamed back into joing LL as this is the one thing that has ever worked.....i am taking it month by month and will be grateful and not take for granted anything that i lose like i did last time....i know i am greedy and am wondering if any CBT can cure that !!??
good luck everyone else that has re-started :)

Hello Ladies,
Welcome back.
As you've said, LL is the one that works. If your head is in the right place when you start and you really want to lose the weight - it can change your life.
I think the secret is to stick it out, see it through to whatever goal you decide and then complete RTM.
Zingano - brave decision at this difficult time for you. So many people don't start LL because they say it's too expensive. I'm sure most of us spend more per week on food, drinks, snacks, crisps, chocolate, take-aways etc etc if we dare add them up!
Your self esteem will come back and that will give you a better chance of getting a job.
Good luck.x
Hi Sandra
Just remember how strong you feel when everyone else around you is eating and you can say "no".
Remember that great feeling of well-being when you are in ketosis and the energy that comes with it?
You can do it. x

Hi Groovy Chick
Don't be disgusted. Be proud that you are doing something about it and you have come back. We'll give you all the support we can.
I was a size 28/30. I was a secret eater. I can eat half the food from the fridge and still make it look like everything is still in there! I used to worry that I would run out of sizes at Evans!
Look forwards, not back.
Value yourself, believe in yourself, invest in yourself.
Learn to say no.
Others will respect you for it and you will respect yourself.
Stick with it. x

I look forward to seeing how you all get on.
You are in the right place at the right time.
Welcome back.

Hello xxx Thank you SB for your comments you are always so supportive I have been to weigh tonight and I lost 6lbs :) I am pleased not to have stayed the same after falling off the wagon on the weekend, I am stronger now had a lovely group meeting and the support from my fellow LL'ers is amazing :)

Zingano said:
Hi all,

Here I am on my third stint of abstinence since losing 3.5 stone in spring 2009. Finishing LL the first time I did really well for 6 months, then it was the odd carb here and there, ending up with a vat of ice cream in the evening again and too much wine, and a stone to lose. I lost that stone last May in a month of abstinence, but came out and almost immediately was eating the kind of food I don't want to - chips, mash, desserts etc. Put on 6lb, then managed to maintain that until this winter, when my husband's and my company fell apart & we were faced with homelessness unless we get jobs asap. Ate the full stone on plus a bit, then decided I'm not letting this area of my life go too - I need the self esteem - so I was at my first meeting last night, back in abstinence today. It's cheaper than medicating with pub meals and curries!

This time I really want to understand why I eat like I do, and find a way to maintain, not keep putting this stone on and off. Anyone managed that the third time? Or am I doomed to always be a fat girl who looks like a thin girl for a bit...

Hi There and Hello all!
I'm also on my third time on day 7 weight in to night,finding it ok because i'm so focused and this as got to be the last time for me,going have to change my way of thinking,instead of yo yo dieting on the plan.
We know it does work,but I know now I cannot revert back to my old eating habits,need to take more control and not keep finding excuses to eat too much of the wrong things!
Hope you don't mind me replying to you post,though it would be nice to give each other some encouragement because I also need to maintain and get to my goal again!
Hope things get better for you,and everyone else in getting to where you want to be and then been happy in yourself once and for all.
Good luck everyone!
Xx

Last edited:
Hey I was where you are now only in sept!
4 months later I'm 4 stone lighter and I know I will crack it this time!
Good luck ladies xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi everyone,
Hope you don't mind me joining you.
I'm on day 8,had my 1st wk weigh in last night lost 8lb well chufted!!
So focused now in ketosis feeling great,looking forward to getting back to my goal!

Good luck ladies,will keep you posted.
Sexy x
(soon to be in mind also!)

Hi everyone

its the dreaded weigh in day later....i know i am in ketosis as have checked via the stix but my belly is still rumbling...fortunately have managed to ignore it...am still waiting to feel great as been really lethargic all week, only managing 1-1.5 litres of water, the weather doesnt help as its so cold...at least i dont have the bloated feeling i usually have so thats a bonus...anyways, will let you all know how i got on later

thanks slendablenda for your kind words of wisdom, you are an inspiration

hope everyone else is doing well x

Hi everyone.

I'm in the same boat. I'm a returner and have lost count of the times I've started again but not lasted very long.

This is definitely my last go at it! I just want to finally see the last of this last stone and a half after being on and off the programme for almost a year.

I am also training to do the Manchester 10k in May, so with a set goal hopefully this will keep me motivated!

Good luck everyone, I hope you all have good weeks and weigh ins

Nicola x

You can do it nicola stay focused and positive you will get there!
Also good luck with your weigh in later groovychick.

Sexy xx

Last edited:
hey up

8 1/2 off for me....pretty good considering its been TOTM and only managing 1 and a bit litres of water per day....will try harder with the water this week !!

hope everyone else has a good week x

That's brilliant groovychick well done you!
Hope you have another good wk also.

Sexy xx

Last edited:
me too!

Hi all,
I restart LL tomorrow and I have lost count but I think this is my fifth time returning.
I did amazingly well the first time as we had a tight knit class and I was so focused. I lost 3 st and got to a size 10. since then I have put on 1st or 1.5st each time but gone back for a month and lost it. Unfortunately I just return to my bad ways and worse still, now I do no exercise and since June this year have piled on over 2 st. Time for a change although I am really nervous of failure, but being overweight is at the cost to my health- now got sore back, snoring like a pig and a bit of Chaffing going on, I must succeed. Lets support each other and be a success! xx:wave_cry:

Hi Sandra,

Sounds like you're in a tough place too - I've loads of respect for people who stick to LL in those circumstances and by at I don't mean stay in abstinence, I mean keep on & pick ththemselves up even after a little slip.

Like you, I'd really like to know why food is the answer to this stress...

Good luck, I'll be reading your posts with interest.

Hey groovy chick, you and me both. It feels so crap to not be able to trust yourself, to almost be two people if you know what I mean - the one who managed it, and now the one who can't get back to that place at all. I'm wondering about CBT too, though it's probably too expensive for me right now.

Hugs, and let's stay strong together and try to work this out.

Thanks slendablenda for those kind words. And sorry I've been so long replying, but the reason I've been away is good news - I've got two lots of contract work so won't be homeless next month After all!

Reading through the solids in order so sorry there are so many responses from me. Well done on that loss Sandra, that's amazing. And I think picking yourself up after the weekend was the biggest sign of your success in future, you didn't just say f*** it, you carried on. Nice one.

Hi sexy chick, so many third timers! And id love to help and encourage each other, I certainly need that and I'm really keen on this band of third times working out what's in our heads.

My LLC reckons third time lucky by the way - that it takes this many repetitions to understand the way you eat and realise how you do have to change. In my case, I have to realise just how carb sensitive I am - I had an Etonian mess for dinner one night and then had a blood test the next day where the doctor though I was diabetic - even though the meal was before 8pm! I went bak to my normal (well, you know...) way of eating and my blood was fine. So it's not just because of cravings I should give up bad carbs, it's for my health too - and I bet that's true for a lot of us who struggle with our weight.

Back