ProPoints Back again!

GlassRose.x

Two years ago I used this forum and it helped me lose quite a bit of weight. However, since then my weight has been up & down with various situations happening in my life so I ended up gaining all my weight back, plus a bit more.
Last week I decided enough is enough and to try and get back to my size 10s that I was in before. I was using MFP but with all these different calorie calculations it was too much so decided to go back to Weight Watchers, which I'm re-starting today. It'll also be easier to stick to with the summer holidays, I have a 5 year old son who wants to "cook" for me all the time lol

I have 33 dailies which are more than I was on years ago, but I did weigh a bit less ;)

Welcome back! I've got no idea what MFP is I'm afraid, but at least weight watchers is sensible and lets you eat, which with kids is very important. Good luck with your first week back on WW! I'm really loving the points plan, but I've steered clear of Filling and Healthy so far :)

Thank you, MFP is MyFitnessPal which they tell you to eat 1200 but if you exercise it tells you to eat more and got too confusing for me, need something simple at least for these next few weeks. I was contemplating a VLCD but throughout the holidays it's just going to make me grumpy.
I'm doing points too as that is what I did a few years ago :) Didn't want to confuse myself with the whole F&H or Simple Start plan lol, how are you finding it so far? Looks like its working for you :)

Day 2 today, another lazy day so will be easy to stick with - this time round my boyfriend is also losing weight. Hes sticking with MyFitnessPal but it still makes things easier, last time he'd want takeaways nearly each week & I never used to eat my weeklies but this time round I'll be using my weeklies if, for example, taking the little one out to LegoLand and theres no easy to point food about.

So today is day 3, so far so good :) Not been going over my points & not been feeling hungry which is a bonus. Not eating the most healthily but not wasting food as can't afford to right now, was amazed to see that the Kellogs Pop Tarts were 11 points for two! They got binned.

Little one has summer school today so the plan is to get on and paint this living room! Lived here for nearly a year & fancy a change already.

Oh okay I've heard of that then but not tried it myself. I like easy and simple myself! A VLCD would be tough I think, I take my hat off to ladies who can do them but I just don't think I could.
I've found propoints to be great, I've really switched up my eating habits, mainly upping fruit and veg like crazy and by avoiding all my old snack food (even WW versions of them) I've been able to get some good losses!
I know the pop tart point feel! It's shocking to see how many points some things are isn't it? I can definitely see how I got as big as I was!

Good luck with painting, how old is your little one? I have a little girl (almost 3) and a boy (7 months) so they keep me busy.

Back