Back and very embarrassed

jezzebell

Mmorning everyone. well here we are again. After lsing all my weight i failed yet again on conso :eek: i just dont seem to be able to cope with having the freedom of one gala meal! one turns into 2 then into snacks etc etc etc *sigh*

Oh well off we go again... 3 PP days to start then back onto cruise!

Mmorning everyone. well here we are again. After lsing all my weight i failed yet again on conso :eek: i just dont seem to be able to cope with having the freedom of one gala meal! one turns into 2 then into snacks etc etc etc *sigh*

Oh well off we go again... 3 PP days to start then back onto cruise!

Oh dear you poor thing, you must be feeling very down. So onward and upwards, what are you going to do different this time to make sure its a success? How much did you actually put on? Did you continue to weigh yourself so that you could nip it in the bud or did it get a bit out of hand and you buried your head in the sand? Either way you've taken the most important step to get it together so well done.

Oh dear you poor thing, you must be feeling very down. So onward and upwards, what are you going to do different this time to make sure its a success? How much did you actually put on? Did you continue to weigh yourself so that you could nip it in the bud or did it get a bit out of hand and you buried your head in the sand? Either way you've taken the most important step to get it together so well done.

No i didnt weigh myself past the first couple of weeks and even though i saw the weight going on i kidded myself that a couple of lb's didnt really matter. i didnt just bury my head in the sand i buried my whole body! lol TBH im not sure what to do about the whole conso thing, thats twice ive tried it and twice ive failed. i have no problem sticking to the diet itself its just whn im allowed more!

No i didnt weigh myself past the first couple of weeks and even though i saw the weight going on i kidded myself that a couple of lb's didnt really matter. i didnt just bury my head in the sand i buried my whole body! lol TBH im not sure what to do about the whole conso thing, thats twice ive tried it and twice ive failed. i have no problem sticking to the diet itself its just whn im allowed more!

I think we can all relate to it. If we were addicted to alcohol we could just stop drinking completely but we have to eat and its really hard to make yourself stick to the good and healthy stuff. I've not even got to a target weight but your experience really worries me. I guess we need to consider that we'll have an issue with food forever :eek:. Did you keep doing your PP day or did that go too.

You're back, that's the important thing :).

no PP day, the whole thing went out the window! I didnt realise how big an issue i actually have with food until i started this diet or should i say moved onto conso. I am and always will be greedy i guess! theres no medical thing i just love food pure and simple! it doesnt help that my o/h loves food to and is also a greedy guts so there's noone keeping us in check! He's also back on it after gaining just over 1stone. Its definitely something im going to need to work seriously on over the next few weeks. Maybe i won't have a gala meal until im ok with the main bits of conso. Please don't let my experience worry you, one thing i should never have done (except stuff my face obviously!) is stop posting on here, i never even came onto the site as i was too embarressed! Which is really really stupid as everyone on here is so supportive and probably would have given me the kick up the bum i needed!!

If you think how many people (me for one) have gone back to SW and WW having put more weight than on previously lost - so your not alone in this Jez so from now on dont be embarassed or say your a failure because you are definately not. Its good to have you back and you can help me avoid the pitfalls that Im sure to fall into on Conso x

Nice to meet you jezz x good luck x

I'm the same as chris! Rejoined ww & sw loads of times! But the most i have ever lost has been with dukan - i am 8lb from conso and really worried about it! Hang in there jezze xx

I struggle with conso too - I don't seem to be able to have a gala meal the way Dr D intended - and it becomes a pig out day!

dont feel embarrassed, Im sure many of us have been there.
I know several times Ive ended up heavier than my beginning starting weight.
youve taken action before it gets to that stage.
good luck, you know you can lose the weight. :)

Just to echo what every one has already said - Conso is hard. For most of us. It is still a DIET and you need to treat it as such, and follow the rules - you easily followed the up to this point...
Good luck with cruise now and when you get back to your target, try a different tack: forget about 'gala' meals. What a stupid name that is anyway! Stick with the conso rules - the slice of bread, the 40gr matchbox of cheese, the piece of fruit. Two pasta meals a week (no galas). No other extras. See how that goes. For as long as it takes. You may keep losing a bit, and if you do don't just release the reins but go to TWO pieces of fruit, then two slices of bread, 60gr of cheese. I went back to having DIET fruit yoghurts (ie with sweeteners, not added sugar). Do it gradually and never lose sight of the plan. If you have social occasions /invitations, you are now free to accept them and have a normal restaurant meal - that's the celebration meal but make sure it's only once a week. And stick to the PP day. Don't make it extra-lean or extra hard, but do stick to it! A year that I'm now in stab and I still stick to the PP. Most days I still eat conso-style and watch my bread intake. I do struggle with the relaxed rules just like you did, but as I managed to stick with proper conso for the prescribed period the weight does not just pile back on as long as I don't have more than two relaxed episodes a week! I am about to go on a 5-day coach trip and I have just packed enough oatbran cripbread to feed an army! My friends will think I'm completely barmy as I eat boiled eggs for breakfast and oatbran for lunch just so I can join them in the evening for a restaurant meal! Not helped by the fact we've just celebrated Easter and a birthday in this house so I'm sure the weight is a bit up anyway!

Love reading your posts Anja, your knowledge and experience of phase 3/4 is invaluable and I love reading about how you're getting on :)

thank you xx

and reading how even in Stab we still need to take great care helps! I too tend to see Conso as a free for all once I start, and far from thinking you'll put us off by telling us about it, it actually helps to know you're not alone when struggling in Conso! My first time, I got the impression (on another site) that everyone else was doing brilliantly and until the day I cracked and posted about my issues one month in, 5K up, no one else had said a word! Once I opened the door, many non posters returned to talk! Soo... I think Anja's advice is spot on. I focussed far too much on the "gala meal" (which actually was twice a week in my day! aaaaah) and indeed planned each one with great delight ensuring the maximum of missed foods passed my lips during those meals/days... which then yes turned into weeks.

I'm trying something different at the moment myself, but hang on in there in Cruise. You'll probably find you'll not lose as quickly as previous times alas...
Good luck
x

this is what i love about this site.... there are ppl always onhand to give great advice that have been there themselves. I hope they are still here when im on conso and having problems

Same here Ellie although reading Anja's post has made me think about how to go about Conso with care - So thank you Jezz for your post and of course Anja x

yes chris im glad she posted... It is for the rest of our lives that we will have to be strict and we will have to change our midset to keep it going..... hubby did say to me at the weekend did i think id have to eat just meat & veg for the rest of my life lol i said yeah i think so

thanks guys, anjuschka i think that's exactly what i am going to do. Maintainer thats exactly what i did! it wasnt just a gala meal it was a gala day, my brain decided that as i was having what i wanted for tea then breakfast and lunch didnt count, it's only 2 meals on the same day so what did it matter? i don't drink so figured i'd have chocolate as a substitute! :sigh::sigh:

I know exactly what i did wrong but didnt seem to be able to stop myself. I think that my conso will have to be veg everyday for a while, then maybe add the fruit and then bread. The cheese will be way way in the future as that 40g at least doubles when i cut it!

the other problem both me and my o/h had/have is that we both followed the diet brilliantly last year, came off it in december and went back on it very successfully and it's now in my head that i can do this again rather than actually change the way i think about food im seeing it as a quick fix! :mad::mad: I know that that's a BAD idea!

Oh, fingers crossed my reply posts this time! And after you've already said 'hi' on my other post! Completely agree with the whole quick fix thing - I think I've been using the diet as a quick fix for family events etc, and yo-yo dieting is just so bad, mentally and physically. I need to see this as the long-term as I just can't trust myself at the mo - I'm like an errant child when left to my own devices! I don't think I'm ever quite honest with myself (another head in the sand!) but I've got to accept that the buck really does stop with me.

Back