Extra Easy Back at SW, logging food diary here

LynnD

Joined back at SW last week and just back from first weigh-in, lost 7lbs which I am really pleased with. Haven't really logged food but focussed on free foods mainly and also having my syns so I didn't go crazy. I am just making a food plan now for the next week - a bit of a curveball is that I am away over the weekend so will need to tread carefully so I don't go OTT - so easy to rack up triple figure syns when I am out with my mates. I set myself a target of a 3lb loss for next week so I dip under the next stone bracket. Plan is to update daily :):)

Welcome back! Weekly food plans really are the best thing ever. :) I reckon if you carry on with the free foods and less syns a day that should even you out for your weekend away. :)

Thanks Wolf :) There are some great food blogs on here which are really inspiring. I went to the supermarket yesterday and bought in a few staples so I can cook meals when I get in from work rather than relying on buying food from a take-away which I have an awful habit of falling into, I am just so lazy it is unbelievable and also buy a bottle of wine to wash it down with. No wonder I was packing on the lbs and feeling rubbish.

Yesterday was a bit of a weird one, I overslept so late for work and then had a hi-fi bar for 'brunch' then made a huge homemade burger, SW potato wedges and salad for an early dinner with a cider and later had an ice-cream cone which I filled with a mix of quark, frozen berries and a tsp of honey, it was really nice and I think I hit the limit of syns - mainly from the cider.

I am now on my way down to meet my friends, have just got water and diet coke for the train journey as I will be having lunch (my friend is preggers so won't be having alcohol) although I am mtg another friend tomorrow for a lunch which could get a bit boozy. Let's see. Had a hi-fi bar for breakfast as it was such an early start this morning.

Just got home, I was good on Saturday but today has been a bit of a write-off - thai food, drinks and a bit of chocolate, the scales will be interesting tomorrow! But the rest of the week is steady so hopefully I can get myself back on track.

It is so cold now, and the wind is howling a bit 'Hound of the Baskervilles' outside ... going to tuck myself up in bed. Hope everyone is OK and snug!

Weigh in today and I STS - a bit disappointing after my big loss last week but in hindsight I think I was eating too much and not drinking enough water - plus with a couple of high syn social occasions. I signed up for the 12 week package so am going to work harder this week, there are a few meals out that I have planned but am determined to have a loss. Let's see what happens.

Yay, down 2.5lbs this week which is good, also down into the next stone bracket too. Well pleased.

Been AWOL from Minimins but still plugging away, had two weeks where I STS then followed by a 1.5lbs gain, but stuck at it last week and lost 4.5lbs tonight which I am really pleased about. Only 1.5lbs away from a stone off so really want to keep focussed and get the bling for my book :)

Last week I was forcing myself to cook proper dinners with veggies, also having a fried egg with everything as I find them quite filling. Also drinking around 3 litres of water a day. I cut up a red grapefruit and infuse it in hot water and drink when it has cooled down. Its a weird and acquired taste, very bitter, but it kind of hits the spot.

Had a gain of 2lbs last week which was not entirely unexpected; I seem to really relax after having a biggish loss which bites me the following week with a STS or a gain. Tonight I lost 1.5lbs which gets me nearly back on track. Only 2lbs to go until I have my stone award, must buckle down this week!

I am back after a massive break, I just don't seem to have any sustainable willpower and am a 'chocolate fireguard' in the face of temptation. But feel really crud at the moment, my life just seems to have spiralled a bit with big stressful changes which I have self-medicated with crappy food and way too much booze. Am bloated and feel like I am just floating along - I buy in healthy veggies/fruit etc but then end up chucking them out as I eat crap washed down with a bit too much vino and chocolate.

Am back up weight-wise and have decided to dust off my old SW book and rejoin online. Start tomorrow and looking forward to getting some order back in my life. A big challenge is I travel with work a couple days a week so am overnight in a hotel and *so* easy to stray - must try harder this coming week.

Have had a good day, mainly spent giving my flat a good spring clean as it really needed it - I am generally really tidy however I have noticed that it has started getting really cluttered and I am lazy with putting things away (eg dry clothes and the dishes after washing up), I have a tiny place so it can feel really crowded and adds to the feeling of not being in control.

Slept in so missed breakfast, then had my hair done, lunch was roast chicken and salad and dinner is going to be fish and spinach. A friend is coming over so will split a bottle of wine. Bought in some SW friendly food so can get more B choices. A choice today spent on milk in my many cups of tea. Also drank about 2 l of water.

Tomorrow am determined to get my garden looking nice and spruced up for spring's arrival - the weather has been warm today and sunny in parts, amazing how it lifts your mood.

Today has been a chilled day, the plans for gardening have been put back due to the weather which has been very grim, will do it next weekend. Food OK:

B: 2 rye ryvitas with laughing cow blue light triangles and 1 large sliced tomato
L: roast chicken breast, a potato cut into chunks and two small onions roasted with some frylight
D: roast chicken legs with skin, a mullerlight and an apple

Copious amounts of tea with skimmed milk, 2l of sparkling water and two cans of Lilt Zero.

Welcome back Lynn:classic_smile:

Looks like you are back into the rhythm of SW.

Hi Mini :) thanks for posting :)

Yes, feeling a bit more in control and enjoying'ish the cooking and prep of the food although ask me that in a week or two! I know that I should eat more veggies though so something to work on. I have a big challenge coming up as away from work Weds - Friday with lots of temptation (catching up with old friends and colleagues) or battling boredom and loneliness in the hotel room - in both situations it normally ends in wine drinking and bad choices. Determined to stick at it though and not go too mental. Let's see, will try and do damage limitation the best I can.

Food today:
B: bran flakes with grated apple and skimmed milk
L: leftover roast chicken with homemade sricihia mayo
D: homemade french onion and red chilli soup with 2 ryvitas spread with homemade sricihia mayo (made with 2 large onions and half a pouch of beef stock) and an apple

Lots of tea with milk and a few cans of Lilt Zero which hits the sweet spot.

If you are not use to eating a lot of veggies and fruit I feel it is wise to increase consumption gradually over the coming weeks and let your body get use to the extra fibre in the system...and as you increase fibre you need to drink more fluid to help things move along:classic_smile:

Main thing is to enjoy your food and use your Syns on what you want:classic_big_grin:

Back