Back for a Quick Check Up!

weasey

Gold Member
I lost over 9 stone on a combination of LL and SnS between July 2011 and June 2012. I ended up at mid range healthy BMI at 10 stone. When I look at photos of me at that weight I can see that I was too thin - lots of sticking out bones and such like - lots of people told me at the time but I couldn't see it, and it was important to me to make my goal. Once I got there I tried everything to stay there - took up exercise with a vengence - started personal therapy - tried lots of different approaches to my eating. By around November 2012 I was at 12 stone. Since then I've stayed at 12 stone and am now really confident in my ability to maintain. I do lots of exercise still (particularly roller derby - my new favourite!) and I still have personal therapy (although now spaced every 3 months!). I do think that leaning to eat to maintain is really tough and (unlike dieting) there's not a lot of guidence out there. However, I now eat 5 times a day and am reasonably careful about what I have and still enjoy my food. I no longer find this difficult and can now see how I can maintain for the rest of my life. Huge step forward!

However, I would like to be 11 stone. 10 stone was too little and I've put on quite a bit of muscle since I started the exercise so 11 stone feels about right. I'm currently around 12 and have been trying to lose for a little while but haven't been able to do it within my maintainence approach to eating. I have therefore decided to go back on SnS for 4 to 6 weeks to get down to 11 stone and then continue with my maintenance plan. I had my first oatmeal this morning so all to plan so far(!).

Really positive about this decision :)

Wow 9 stone!! That's incredible!! Well done! I've just started my first week on slim and save - am on day 6.. And am loving it. I did Cambridge before but really struggled with maintenance.

Good luck on your journey!
Xx

Back