Back & kicking myself after a major fail...!

nicki303

Hi all :wavey::wavey::wavey:

Well, after losing 2 1/2 stone on Exante last year, I went back to work full time & the result of sitting on my bum all day & being too knackered/busy to exercise as a working single parent, is that I'm back having gained all but 5lbs of it!! :sigh: Really kicking myself! But.... onwards & upwards! Hoping to bin off the lard again...

So just thought I'd come & say hello :)

Nicola xx

Hiya, sorry to hear that but well done in the first place. At least you know you can do it and I'm sure you will again. I lost 7.5 stone and kept it off for two years. I gave myself 7/8 lbs gain before I rained it back in. When you have lost again do the same and I'm sure you'll find it manageable. Don't be too hard on yourself, keeping it off with all the temptation around is really difficult. Good luck.

Thanks Drawboy...

Wow, what an amazing loss, you must be so focused! Yeah, that's good idea to give yourself a set limit... I originally planned to do 1 week a month of very low carb/cal/fat once I'd los so that it balanced out any gain through the rest of the month but that idea went out of the window along with my will power... :-/
I feel quite focused at the mo but I suppose I would be at only day 4! I'm going to try to stick at TS as long as poss, that way if there's a day that I'm really struggling I can eat some protein & know that I'm still on plan while feeling like I've had a cheeky treat!

Nicola xx

Hi Nicola. Good luck with your restart. You've already had the willpower to lose the weight before so i'm sure you'll succeed this time!

Hey Nicki, not so much focused as single minded, you have to be. Once you have reached your goal ease yourself into food gradually over a month, veggies to start with and a bit of fruit but in small portions. Remember you have been used to living on 600 calories so you do not need a lot to start with. Of course you can have a blow-out first night but then reign it in. Slowly build up to normal food but 3/4 veggies and fruit and you should find it easier to keep off. Hope that helps.

Thanks Lynne, I hope so, although I'm REALLY struggling tonight! I really need to stay focused & do it though, I have no clothes that fit & I'm living like a recluse because my confidence is so low.

Thanks drawboy, I will definitely have to be more sensible this time when it comes to eating again, it's far too easy to fall into old habits...!

Nicola xx

Hi Nichola. I've struggled today and haven't done as well as I should. (I'm starting to use not being well as an excuse). I had my 3 packs but also had FOUR boiled eggfs and am now having a mug of hot milk with amoretto in it!

4 boiled eggs.....are you Cool Hand Luke, wouldn't want to be your other half tonight, farp!!!

Haha. Had another one today!

I had a couple yesterday too.... No harm in an egg or 4!! ;-)

They're a saviour on this diet!

Hey nick, don't beat yourself up hun, your doing really well , I make a list of reasons I wanna loose weight. when I start to be naughty.xx

Thanks salty, that's a good idea, might have to try that... Surprised I already haven't as I'm a bit of a list freak!

Xx

1st week done, I've had a couple of little slips (some ham, couple of eggs & chicken) but nothing major & have had a 7lb loss :) I know it's mainly water but it's great to know that anything from now will be fat & will be down into the next number.

Good luck all for your next weigh ins, hope the week is treating you all well!

Xx

Well done Nicki. 7lb is brilliant. Just think how thin you'll be by Christmas if you keep it up.

Good on you Nicki and well done on the loss - this week will be easier! :)

Thanks Lynne & waterworks...

Not doing too great to be honest! I just can't seem to stick to it, I'm only having 1 or 2 packs a day, sometimes some chicken & salad in the evening & almost everyday I pick! Only protein but still, it's frustrating me that I can't seem to get into the right mind to follow TS & properly! I know I need to have all 3 packs & need to up my water too, just need to get my bum into gear!

Hope you're doing well...?

Xx

Re: Back & kicking myself after a major fail...!

That loss is great. Don't beat yourself up for having bits I found the start of my second week the hardest. Keep up the good work and if working solution is what works best for you then do it xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well, my scales haven't moved at all for the last 9 days :cry:

I am gutted & just don't understand it. It is the good losses on a diet like this that keeps you motivated, so I am currently feeling miserable, completely demotivated & like I might as well order a fat Chinese & eat cake!

I won't though, I'm going to stop any extra protein snacking & stay TS for a while to see if that helps. So depressing to think that at this rate I'm not going to look good or get to enjoy some good food for a looooooooong time! :argh:

Just stick at it Nicki. It will happen!

Back