Back on LL from 26/04/09

Well, it has been bad, very bad, but today is a new day.
I've been struggling since around week 8 of Foundation, various stresses and poor planning, and by the end of Foundation I was totally off programme. I tried to restart lots of times but then didn't get to group meetings and didn't feel I could go into Developers with my head so crooked. I discussed joining a Foundation group with my LLC but for various reasons it didn't happen.
Some days have started well but gone off, others have been deliberate "sod this" days of sheer bingeing.I hate to admit but the last binge was triggered by this site, which is why I haven't been on. I'd posted a hello on the April starters thread, and then had over the next few days responded to various posts (with the benefit of having been through the process I felt it might help the newbies) like Annaphylactic and BL etc did for the Jan09 starters thread and was incredibly useful. However, nobody responded or acknowledged and I felt rebuffed so emotional eating started. :eek::sigh: Stupid, I know.
Anyway, despite a massive hangover, I got to an LL meeting today at 9.30 to find it was refreshers/restarters, which was great. They all seem quite active and vocal in the group too so it may well sort me out! It's modular like LLL - 4 weeks commitment at a time - which again should help. So here I am typing and sipping the first of no doubt many Thai Chilli soups!!!

Oh and I've put on 4lbs altogether (2lbs on at week 14 of Foundation and 2 since to this morning's WI). On the one hand it could have been worse, but on the other hand it shows how easily weight gain happens, roughly a lb a week. I know I will lose it and all about glycogen stores etc but even so...
And I finally got my photos from Week 1 and Week 13. Honestly I found them depressing. I had no idea I was so huge to begin with AND I have no awareness that actually I am still big. But I'm working on it...
Sharon

Hi

Ive been struggling too... it's so difficult at times, i thought i was goinf to start again today.... but had a mishap...ooooops, I am starting at 2pm for sure, no more eating today just water and mayb a pack if i'm really hungry...

So how u feeling now?

Hi ladies:p

Glad I logged back on here and found you guys. I'm planning restart tomorrow. Hope I can join you in the detox and beyond!:copon:

I have tried several dozen restarts in the last 3 years. I'm not just over a stone and a half less than I was when I originally started LL, and 3 stone more than I was when I finished. What I have now realised is that we never finish. Once a LL'er always a LL'er!! Or always a maintainer! That's where i went wrong last time, I didn't do RTM!!:break_diet:

Hope youve both had a great day and I look forward to joining you for chats and encouragement all the way to our goals!!;)

Hi, Hope you are all doing well.
I started Refresher last Monday, having gained 1 1/2 stone. Its my first weigh in tonight and I'm really looking forward to it.
I struggled a bit at the weekend, (my worst time) but I fought off the chatterbox who was tempting me with wine and fajita's!!! Its amazing how good thai crisps and St Clements soda water tastes instead :)
Hope you all get past the first few difficult days. Keep posting and keep focussed.

Welcome back SIIM! :)

I know how it feels to have a wobble with this program, I have been all over the place the last 2 months back am also back on track as of yesterday!

We CAN do this, all together, say it with me, WE CAN DO THIS! :D

Hi Sharon,

I'm so sorry you felt ignored. I must admit the LL boards do seem to be a bit deserted at the moment. I find I am reading the CD forum as well as that seems to be a lot busier.

Well done on getting back on track. I wish I'd never had that salad in week 5 thinking it wouldn't hurt as that has led to more and more lapsing. I'm still not doing too bad overall but deep down I know I could have done a lot better (and saved a lot of money too!!).

If there is anything I can help with just let me know. I am logged on most of the day at work (although I shouldn't be, naughty me!!)

Good luck with your first weigh in. I'm sure you won't need it though.

Love Becky x x

Sorry things havn't been great Sharon but you sound like you are back on the right track now! Wishing you loads of luck for your new challenge!

Susi x

Hope everyone has had a good day today.
I'm very happy to report that I've lost 5.5lbs. :)
I'm really pleased that I didn't give in to temptation now!
x

Hello everyone!

I've reached Day 5 without lapsing so feel brave enough to post now LOL. Hope WW, CC and Sonia are doing ok? Great to hear from you and feel I'm not alone.
Lovely to hear from Pete, Becky and Susianna too - yes it seems that one lapse is enough to screw up your thinking. I guess for me I got away with a couple of one-off lapses, but I really thought I'd learned how to get it under control, but it seems not. Never mind, can't change what's happened. The chatterbox is still muttering away but "nah nah nah nah nah, I can't hear you!"
Looking forward to WI on Saturday morning, I think I've shifted the 4lbs gained and any more will be a bonus!

Stay strong!

Sharon x

Good luck for your weigh in SIIM.
I miss my weigh in on Bank Holiday Monday, so I'll have a 2 week loss to post on the 11th.
I'm away for the weekend, and am armed with foodpacks, bars (for my picnic on Sunday) boullion, and St Clements (to add to soda water). I have my shaker and greaseproof paper (for my thai crisps) and I've packed my size 14 trousers, because my 16's are definitely feeling very loose today. :)

I hope everyone has a brilliant long weekend. Be good and stay focussed.
x

Good luck for your weigh in SIIM.
I miss my weigh in on Bank Holiday Monday, so I'll have a 2 week loss to post on the 11th.
I'm away for the weekend, and am armed with foodpacks, bars (for my picnic on Sunday) boullion, and St Clements (to add to soda water). I have my shaker and greaseproof paper (for my thai crisps) and I've packed my size 14 trousers, because my 16's are definitely feeling very loose today. :)

I hope everyone has a brilliant long weekend. Be good and stay focussed.
x
LOL were you in the Scouts or Brownies? Be prepared eh? Hope you have a great time!

WI today - 7lbs off!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Fantastic SIIM

wELL DONE YOU! 7lbs!!
Cupcake, I hope your plans came to fruition and helped you stay on track. Good luck with WI.

Hey hun,

No wonder I couldn't find your weight loss you did it on a cheeky thread not on your diary. lol!

Glad you're still going strong.

XXX

Hello everyone.
Well done SIIM on losing 7lbs. Thats brilliant!
I'm doing well so far,thanks. Preparation is key to sticking to plan for me! I have felt VERY tempted to have a glass of wine, but I've not given in.
I do confess to eating 2 orange segments out of my partners fruit salad on Sunday, but I'm not going to beat myself up about that!
I've just eaten my porridge breakfast and I'm going to go and see if my size 14 trousers are fitting me now. :)
Hope you are all doing well.
x

You're doing great Cupcake! And such a sensible attitude too, keep going, you can do it!

Hmmm well slight lapse last night, nothing major major! I will follow CCs advice and not beat myself up over it. On the whole it's going well, and I'm certainly doing more activity than before - kayaking on Sunday!!!

:confused: Oh no! I blipped again yesterday. I picked on some ham and cheese and then went and blew it on a bounty bar!:break_diet:

When I look at the calories I consumed, its not a lot really, but its just the fact that I've broken abstinance that bugs me.
I thought I was stronger than that.
Anyway, I've given myself a good talking to, made myself look at the cost of doing this for a month, and told myself how silly it is to cheat myself.
I'm back on plan today, and have 5 days till my weigh in, so time to get back into ketosis.
Hope everyone else is doing ok.
x

Back