Original back on SW on hols in 4 weeks need some helpful tips on things to eat doing at home

My latest find is chana Dahl - spiced chick peas, like Bombay mix and can be found in Morrisons- free on a green day!

Out if interest can't cook from scratch or don't want to?

just rubbish at cooking tried sw chips,sw curry all only worthy of the bin,
i tend to do pasta and peppers,sweetcorn etc,cous cous,jacket potatoes,yogurts,fruit,baked beans,chopped toms,
toast weetabix,if it comes out of a tin or packet thats the kinds girl i am,

Please don't take this the wrong way. Slimming world is a healthy diet for life. A healthy diet consists of fresh home cooked food. Not processed food. You need to cook to do slimming world successfully in my opinion. If you want processed WW is more ideal as they have loads of ready meals.

I have done slimming world before I only said I'm not great at cooking so salads,jacket potatoes pasta arnt part of a healthy diet?
And I should do ww if I can't cook
Nowt like helpful encourangement!!!
Thanks a lot you have made me feel great!!!

scoobydoo2009 said:
I have done slimming world before I only said I'm not great at cooking so salads,jacket potatoes pasta arnt part of a healthy diet?

Everyone on here wants to help, you may not like the reply to your post but all comments are made to help!

I firmly believe that anyone can cook. Packets are not a good idea. Onion, garlic, pepper and tinned tomatoes make a lovely pasta sauce.

I think if you are limited in your food choices it's normally so easy to fall off the wagon as boredom sets in.

Shelley suggested WW as it might fit in better with your limited food choices, not because its unhealthy.

scoobydoo2009 said:

Shelley posted to help you, to suggest, to give ideas. Thats what we're all here for, opinions and guidence.

I'd definetly take a look at the recipes section on here, or on the SW web page. Could do a simple veg soup? Just throw all ur ingredients in a pan, cover with water and add a stock cube and seasoning bring to the boil, and then simmer for 20mins with the lid on. =] my best mate said she couldnt cook (she managed to burn spagetti... Go figure lol) until i showed her how things are done.

Also, youtube. Theres some sw recipes on there and they show you exactly what to do and what the end pruduct is ment to look like(which is always helpful)

Good luck =]

I am really sorry if I offended you with my post, I like to think that I often am helpful here and try to help people where possible.
However, how can people help you if you won't help yourself? Slimming world is a plan that includes lots of home cooking. My ex's gf( yeah complicated! but I like her!) has just started slimming world, she isn't big on cooking, however she is learning along the way with recipes that I have given her and that she has got from here. No one can say they can't cook. That is ridiculous. Any body can chop up some veggies and shove em in a pan. Roast a chicken - it tells you what to do on the packet. Baking is a science, cooking isn't.

I read your post more along the lines of won't cook, anyone can cook with a bit of effort. But if you don't want to cook then a diet such as WW where there are plenty of ready meals is more suitable.

I didn't see anything wrong with Shelly's reply at all. She had the decency to respond and suggested other viable options.

I also agree that cooking is not difficult - it's about putting in a little effort. SW is majorly about home prepared meals - that simply means preparing fresh foods before whacking them in a pan or the oven. There are countless recipes including full instructions from start to finish and a lot of the time, a delicious home cooked meal can be prepared and ready in less time than processed, pre-packaged foods. Add to that the fact that eating this way makes you feel that you have total ownership of what goes in your mouth, and you have a winner. I'd never have called myself a cook but I now do ALL my family's meals despite my OH being a chef.

If cooking just isn't for you (though I don't recommend writing it off before properly trying), then WW is a reasonable suggestion. It isn't a lesser diet...it's just different to SW. The only thing I will say is having done it, I find it less sustainable and less gratifying than SW, but that's just me.

JulesyR said:
My latest find is chana Dahl - spiced chick peas, like Bombay mix and can be found in Morrisons- free on a green day!

Out if interest can't cook from scratch or don't want to?

What do these look like please and where abouts in Morrison's are they kept please x

Actually spealt Channa Dall when I look at the packet, should be in the section with all the non English bits or poss by Bombay mix. Made by Cofreah- hope that helps!

Back